Genocide ignoring Downunder
History ignored yields history repeated and history is written by the victors. These aphorisms are well illustrated by my book “Jane Austen and the Black Hole of British History” (now available for free perusal on the web ) that details how British historians, journalists and politicians near comprehensively deleted the horrendous 1942 -1945 Bengali Holocaust from historiography and from general public perception – the whitewashing of an immense atrocity in which Britain with racist White Australian complicity deliberately starved 6-7 million Indians to death for strategic reasons .
The 2-volume work “The Cambridge History of Australia”  was recently launched at the State Library of Victoria by Her Excellency the Governor General of Australia. This officially-blessed history of Australia follows the entrenched White Australia and British historiography traditions of “look the other way” and makes absolutely no mention of Australia’s intimate and deadly contribution to the WW2 Bengali Holocaust, one of the worst atrocities in all of human history and which exceeded the WW2 Jewish Holocaust in number of victims. However “The Cambridge History of Australia” goes even further – it whitewashes Australian involvement in 30 genocidal atrocities of which several are ongoing .
Indeed neither of the 2 volumes of “The Cambridge History of Australia” makes any mention of the very terms “holocaust: and “genocide” in its Index, an extraordinary omission for a purported history of a country based on racist invasion, dispossession, mass murder, holocaust, genocide, and the politically requisite blanket of entrenched lying by omission and egregious mendacity. At this point it is important to define these major historical terms so extraordinarily and comprehensively avoided by “The Cambridge History of Australia”.
Holocaust is the destruction of a large number of people. The term was first applied to a WW2 atrocity by Jog in 1944 . In relation to the “forgotten” man-made Bengal Famine (6-7 million Indians - many of them Muslims in a "forgotten" WW2 Muslim Holocaust - deliberately starved to death by the British, 1942-1945. It was subsequently applied to the Jewish Holocaust (5-6 million killed, 1 in 6 dying from deprivation) which was part of a horrendous WW2 European Holocaust (30 million Slavs, Jews and Gypsies killed in the Nazi German Lebensraum genocide).
Genocide is very precisely defined in International Law as “acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial or religious group” as set out by Article 2 of the 1948 UN Genocide Convention: “In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial or religious group, as such: a) Killing members of the group; b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.”
Critically, in assessing “killing members of the group” one should consider not just violent deaths but also avoidable deaths (avoidable mortality, excess deaths, excess mortality) from invasion-imposed deprivation. This is analyzed in my book “Body Count. Global avoidable mortality since 1950” (now available for free perusal on the web ) that sets out an avoidable mortality-related history of every country in the world since Neolithic times.
Before going any further, one can argue that genocide ignoring and holocaust ignoring are far, far worse than repugnant genocide denial and holocaust denial because at least the latter permit public debate on the matter. Indeed the WW2 Jewish Holocaust (5-6 million killed, 1 in 6 dying from deprivation) was not even mentioned in the 2 volume “The Cambridge History of Australia” except as the title of a book in a footnote (TCHOA, volume 2, page 89, noting that this referencing format will be subsequently used in this review). Set out below is a succinct analysis of Australia’s secret genocide history and in parentheses how it has been ignored by “The Cambridge History of Australia” which eschews the term “genocide” and hence eschews terms such as “Aboriginal Genocide” and “Tasmanian Aboriginal Genocide” used by some other scholars.
1. 18th-19th century Aboriginal Genocide. The Indigenous Australian (Aboriginal ) population dropped from about 1 million to 0.1 million in the first century after invasion in 1788 from disease, deprivation and violence [1, 6] (TCHO fails to detail the ongoing ethnocide in which 500 tribes and 250 languages reduced to several dozen and the associated ecocide and the environmental devastation that threatens Australia as analyzed by Professor Jared Diamond [7, 8] who in his best-selling book "Collapse” (Prologue, p10, Penguin edition)  enunciated the "moral principle, namely that it is morally wrong for one people to dispossess, subjugate, or exterminate another people". (While dealing at length with the “history wars” between those asserting and denying “Aboriginal resistance to invasion”, TCHOA fails to refer to leading protagonists Professor Robert Manne (“Aboriginal resistance to invasion”)  and non-academic Keith Windschuttle (arguing, incorrectly in the view of many academic scholars and this reviewer, for no major resistance and no deliberate extermination ) .
2. Tasmanian Aboriginal Genocide. The “full-blood” Tasmania Indigenous population dropped from possibly 10,000 to zero in 1803-1776 [1-4, 6}.However there are several thousand “mixed race” descendants of Tasmanian and Mainland Aborigines still living in Tasmania today (TCHOA ignores the terms “genocide” and “ethnocide” but refers to some mixed race descendants in volume 1, page 349).
3. British Indian Genocide, Indian Holocaust. Post-invasion avoidable deaths or excess deaths in British-ruled India totaled 0.6 billion (1757-1837), 0.5 billion under Queen Victoria (1837-1901), 0.4 billion (1901-1947), 1.5 billion in all and 1.8 billion if one includes the native States [1, 4] (TCHOA ignores this immense atrocity and barely alludes to the significance of Australian settlement for the East India Company and hence implicitly for Anglo-French competition for the Indian treasure chest in volume 1, chapter 3).
4. European Chinese Genocide. There were 10-100 million Chinese deaths in the European imperialism-driven Tai Ping rebellion period and Australia was involved in suppressing the Boxer rebellion  (utterly ignored by TCHOA although it deals with settlement and egregious maltreatment of Chinese in Australia).
5. Maori Genocide. The New Zealand (Aotearoa) Maori population dropped from 0.1-0.2 million in 1800 to 42,000 in 1893. Australians were variously involved in the 19th century Maori Wars in 1861-1864  (TCHOA ignores Australian involvement in the Maori Wars and the Maori Genocide while briefly mentioning that New Zealand was briefly attached to New South Wales in 1840; volume 1, page 140).
6. African Genocide. Scores of million perished over 5 centuries of European slavery and colonialism. Australians participated in the Sudan War, 1881-1898, noting that at the 1896 Battle of Omdurman 47 British military died as compared to 10,000 Sudanese . (Africa and Sudan are absent from the TCHOA volume 1 Index).
7. Pacific Islands Genocide, Melanesian Genocide. There was a catastrophic population decline in parts of the Pacific due to introduced disease and slavery. Thus, for example, in 1860 25% of the population of Vanuatu was wiped out by a measles epidemic introduced by Europeans . 40,000 Fijians died from measles out of a population of 150,000 in 1876 when Ratu Cakaobau returned to Fiji after visiting the NSW governor in Sydney . Although Britain had outlawed the slave trade in the British Empire in 1807 and finally abolished slavery in the British Empire in 1833, “blackbirding” slavery involving Aborigines and Melanesian islanders was conducted by Australians in the late 19th century, with many Melanesian “kanaks” and their descendants being forcibly repatriated after Federation in 1901 (TCHOA in volume 1, page 551 refers to the measles epidemic and simply notes of Australian exploitation of “Island communities subjected to white rule. Their worlds were disrupted, communities torn apart, resources exploited, populations depleted, and lives destroyed by disease, dislocation and despair”).
8. Fijian Genocide. As noted above, 40,000 Fijians died from measles out of a population of 150,000 in 1876 after Ratu Cakaobau returned to Fiji after visiting the NSW governor in Sydney  (TCHOA in volume 1, page 551, devotes one sentence to this disaster: “A measles epidemic brought back from New South Wales, destroyed an estimated 25% of the Fijian population in the 1870s. TCHOA made no mention of indentured labor of Indians to the Fijian sugar cane plantations - 5 years’ slavery “Girmit” system - . That began in 1879 after the measles epidemic wiped out a quarter to a third of the Fijian population and only ceased in 1920. A dear elderly Indian friend remembers the whip marks on her mother’s back left by Australian sirdars or overseers).
9. Boer (Afrikaaner) Genocide. In the Boer War (1899-1902) 28,000 Afrikaaner women and children died in British concentration camps. Australians participated in the Boer War and committed war crimes as immortalized in the movie “Breaker Morant”  (TCHOA simply notes “16,000 volunteers in contingents from Australia” and “that “methods of barbarism: were employed; TCHOA volume 1, pages 521-522).
10. Armenian Genocide. An estimated 1.5 million Armenians were killed in the Armenian Genocide, 1915-1923. The Australian invasion of Gallipoli as part of an Anglo-French force in 1915 after months if naval shelling in the Dardanelles helped to precipitate this atrocity. Indeed April 24 is Armenian Genocide Remembrance Day and April 25 is the day of the Australia invasion in 1915 and also a sacred war dead remembrance day for Australians and New Zealanders – it is called Anzac Day after the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps (ANZAC) which stormed ashore on that first Anzac Day at Gallipoli in 1915 . (TCHOA volumes 1 and 2 make absolutely no mention of Armenians or the Armenian Genocide).
11. Bengali Genocide, Bengali Holocaust, Bengal Famine. An estimated 6-7 million Indians perished in the “forgotten” man-made Bengal Famine atrocity in Bengal and adjoining provinces in British India, 1942-1945. This atrocity was associated with large-scale military and civilian sexual abuse of starving women and girls. Australian forces served in adjacent Burma in WW2. The Governor of Bengal in 1944 was an Australian Richard Casey who would later become a Governor General of Australia. This disaster occurred because of a huge increase in the price of rice and a cold-blooded British administration. There was grain potentially available but actual availability and perceived lack of availability led to a 4-fold increase in the price and mass starvation . Grain shipments (in millions of tons) for India in 1942-1945 were 0.03 (1942), 0.3 (1943), 0.6 (1944) and 0.9 (1945) [1, 2, 13]. In the period 1939-1945 produced about 24 million tonnes of wheat (1 tonne = 0.98 long ton), the breakdown (in millions of tonnes) being: 4.0 (1939), 2.2 (1940), 4.5 (1941), 4.3 (1942), 3.2 (1943), 1.5 (1944) and 4.0 (1945) [2, 14]. About 9.4 million tonnes or 40% of Australia’s wheat production was exported, the breakdown (in million tonnes) being: 2.0 (1939), 2.0 (1940), 1.0 (1941), 1.0 (1942), 1.5 (1943), 1.5 (1944) and 0.4 (1945) [2, 15]. Churchill commented in a letter to Roosevelt in 1944: “By cutting down military shipments and other means, I have been able to arrange for 350,000 tons of wheat to be shipped to India from Australia during the first nine months of 1944. This is the shortest haul. I cannot see how to do more” . Australia was complicit in this horrendous atrocity by withholding grain from its huge war-time grain stores . (TCHOA volumes 1 and 2 totally ignore the Australia-complicit WW2 Bengali Holocaust and indeed totally ignore Bengal despite the intimate connection between Bengal and the founding of Australia; indentured Bengali labor to work on Australian sugar plantations in Fiji; Bengali lascars being inadvertent early settlers of Tasmania on Preservation Island in 1797 after the wreck of the “Sydney Cove” (formerly “Begum Shaw” out of Calcutta) ; and the huge threat to Bengal from climate genocide by a climate criminal Australia. While TCHOA has “looked the other way”, 3 Australian writers have not hand have written incisively about the Bengal Famine, namely Tom Keneally , Colin Mason  and Dr. Gideon Polya ).
12. British post-1950 Third World Genocide. It is estimated that 1950-2005 excess deaths in countries subject to British occupation as a major occupier in the post-war era totalled 727 million . Australia has the same Head of State as the UK and continued to be a loyal military ally of the UK in Korea, Malaya, Occupied Iraq and Occupied Afghanistan (TCHOA did not notice this horrendous global reality involving Australia). .
13. US post-1950 Third World Genocide. 1950-2005 excess deaths in countries subject to US occupation as a major occupier in the post-war era totalled 82 million . Australia has been closely militarily tied to the US since 1941 and particularly since the US-backed Coup against the Whitlam Labor Government in 1975, after which the Australian Labor Party realized that it had to be “all the way with the USA” in order to re-gain government. When in 2004 Labor leader the Mark Latham vowed to bring Australian forces back from Iraq by Christmas he was publicly vetoed by the US Ambassador and lost the 2004 elections. In 2010 extremely popular Labor PM Kevin Rudd raised the ire of the Zionist Lobby by mildly protesting Apartheid Israeli forging of Australia passports for terrorism purposes and kidnapping Australians in international waters. He had already raised the ire of the Americans for proposing destruction of the Afghan opium poppy industry, noting that US restoration of the Taliban-destroyed Afghan opium industry from 6% of world market share in 2001 to 93% in 2007 has been associated with 1 million opiate drug-related deaths worldwide since 2001, this carnage including 200,000 Americans, 50,000 Iranians, 18,000 British, 10,000 Canadians, 8,000 Germans and 4,000 Australians . PM Rudd was deposed in a US-approved, mining company-backed, pro-Zionist-led Coup on 24 June 2010 . Wikileaks revealed that 2 of the Coup plotters also served as “US assets”, reporting on internal Labor Government matters to the US Embassy.(The Index to TCHOA volume 2 contains no mention of Apartheid Israel, Israel, Palestine, Palestinian Genocide, War on Muslims, Iraqi Genocide, Afghan Genocide, Zionism, Zionist, Gaza, Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), National Security Agency (NSA), nuclear-armed warships, Julian Assange, Wikileaks, David Hicks, Mamdouh Habib, rendition, Nurrungar and Pine Gap ( US-Australia joint communications facilities variously involved in US nuclear terrorism and US spying on the whole world including all Australians) or even Mark Latham. William Blum in his best-selling book “Rogue State” asserted US involvement in the 1975 Coup in Australia and the 1987 military Coup in Fiji  but the closest TCHOA gets is in volume 2, page 145 in a comment over Whitlam Labor’s opposition to the Vietnam War and resumption of US bombing of North Vietnam: “A chill descended on relations between Washington and Canberra that never quite thawed throughout the life of the Labor Government”).
14. Australian Colonial Genocide. 1950-2005 excess deaths in countries subject to Australian occupation as a major occupier in the post-war era, namely Papua New Guinea (PNG) and the Solomon Islands totalled 2.1 million. (While the concept of excess deaths or avoidable deaths should be fundamental to scientific analysis of the success or otherwise of social policies, the problem with TCHOA and most of historiography is lack of scientific expertise. However Professor Jared Diamond has shown the power of bringing science to bear on historical matters [7, 8]),
15. 20th and 21st century Aboriginal Genocide. Since 1900 Indigenous excess deaths are clearly of the order of 1 million. Excess deaths. Thus avoidable deaths as a percentage of population are 1.8% for Indigenous Australians as compared to 1.0% for non-Arab Africans and 0.4% for Indians . Accordingly in the 11 years of the 1996-2007 Howard Coalition Government, avoidable Indigenous deaths totalled 90,000. The forced removal of circa 100,000 Aboriginal children from their mothers (the “Stolen Generations” also constitutes genocide as defined by Article 2 of the UN Genocide Convention. (TCHOA recognizes that something is wrong and in volume 2, page 356 expressed its concerns in terms of differential life expectancies between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians of 11.5 years lower for Aboriginal for men and 9.5 years for Aboriginal women. TCHOA refers to PM Rudd’s “Sorry” speech but failed to note that it nowhere used the terms “genocide” or “racism”).
The following Australian genocide involvements in this TCHOA-ignored catalogue of horrors are ongoing.
16. Palestinian Genocide. In 1880 there were about 500,000 Arab Palestinians and about 25,000 Jews living in Palestine of who half were immigrants. Genocidal racist Zionists have been responsible for 2 million Palestinian deaths since 1936 from violence (0.1 million) or from violently-imposed deprivation (1.9 million). There are 7 million Palestinian refugees and of 12 million Palestinians about 50% are forbidden to even step foot in their own country, only 13% (Palestinian Israelis) are permitted to vote for the government ruling all of the former Mandated Palestine and the reminder have zero human rights as Occupied Palestinians in West Bank Bantustans or in the Gaza Concentration Camp. Post-1967 Occupied Palestinian excess deaths total about 0.3 million, and post-1967 under-5 infant deaths total 0.2 million. With bipartisan agreement Australia provides diplomatic, financial and haven support for Israeli state terrorism – even when bombing 25,000 Australian citizens in Lebanon in mid-2006. Donations toward the Palestinian Genocide via the Jewish National Fund are tax deductible whereas there is up to life imprisonment for anyone giving support to the Hamas Party that overwhelmingly won the 2006 Occupied Palestinian elections and possibly the same punishment for any Australian donating to a Gaza orphanage. Australian soldiers were involved in the conquest of Palestine and Syria in WW1 and were responsible for the Surafend Massacre, that was according to Wikipedia: “the premeditated massacre of many male inhabitants from the Arab village of Surafend (now the area of Tzrifin in Israel) and a Bedouin camp in Palestine by soldiers of the Anzac Mounted Division on 10 December 1918” . The plan of the Freeland League under Dr. Isaac Steinberg to make the Kimberley region of NW Australia a region of Jewish settlement won widespread political support in Australia but was eventually vetoed by PM John Curtin in 1944 on Intelligence advice (possibly relating to the British War Cabinet decision to Partition Palestine postwar) . The Zionist terrorist group Irgun that collaborated with the Nazis, killed Allied servicemen before, during and after WW2, that was involved in the ethnic cleansing of Palestine and has spawned the current rightwing Israeli leadership, was removed from the Australian Government’s list of terrorist organizations in the 21st century. Zionists have effective carte blanche from both the Australian Labor Party and the Liberal Party-National Party Coalition and have subverted and perverted Australian institutions and public life  (The TCHOA volume 2 Index has no entries under Apartheid Israel, Israel, Palestine, Palestinian Genocide, genocide, Zionist, Zionism, Freeland League, Isaac Steinberg, Irgun, Israel Lobby, Zionist Lobby, Surafend, Surafend Massacre or even Sir Isaac Isaacs, Australia’s most famous Jewish citizen , the first Australian-born Australian Governor-General and a staunch anti-Zionist who stated in 1946: “The honour of Jews throughout the world demands the renunciation of political Zionism" ).
17. Iraqi Genocide. Iraqi Holocaust. Australia under the Hawke Labor, Keating Labor and Howard Coalition Governments participated in the Gulf War and Sanctions against Iraq that were associated with 0.2 million violent Iraqi deaths, 1.7 million Iraqi avoidable deaths from imposed deprivation and 1.2 million under-5 year old Iraqi infant deaths, 90% avoidable and an immense crime against Humanity. Australia under the Howard Coalition Government illegally invaded Iraq in 2003 on demonstrably false intelligence advice expertly refuted by UN weapons inspectors and Office of National Assessments (ONA) intelligence officer Lieutenant Colonel Andrew Wilkie. Australian forces remained there under Labor PMs Rudd and Gillard. Post-invasion violent Iraqi deaths totaled 1.5 million, avoidable deaths from imposed deprivation totalled 1.2 million and under-5 Iraqi infant deaths totaled 0.8 million, 90% avoidable and due to horrendous US Alliance and Australian war crimes in gross contravention of Articles 55 and 56 of the Geneva Convention Relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War which demand that an Occupier must supply food and medical life-sustaining requisites to its conquered subjects to “the fullest extent of the means available to it.”. The Iraqi Holocaust and Iraqi Genocide has been associates since 1990 with 1.7 million violent deaths, 2.9 million avoidable deaths from violently -imposed deprivation, 2.0 million post-invasion under-5 infant deaths and 5-6 million refugees. Sanctions-busting bribery by the Australian Wheat Board (AWB) killed an estimated 20,000 Iraqi infants as explained in a speech to the Senate by Greens Senator Rachel Siewert, but despite a narrowly focused Cole Inquiry, none of the perpetrators were prosecuted and jailed. Democrats Senator Lynn Alison and Labor’s Kelvin Thomson MHR were the only MPs to ask Federal Parliament how many people we had killed in Iraq . (TCHOA volume 2, page 199 has this extraordinary summation of this criminal enterprise: “In March 2003 Australia joined the “coalition of the willing” for the invasion of Iraq. The attack on the Sari Nightclub in Bali, in October 2002, [by Indonesian terrorists] which killed 202 people, 88 of them Australian, confirmed the threat posed by the new terrorism and strengthened Australia’s support for US action against Iraq, which was thought to possess “weapons of mass destruction””. Saddam Hussein had in fact violently opposed formerly US-backed Al Qaeda terrorists and it was confirmed after invasion that, as advised by experts pre-invasion, Iraq did not possess weapons of mass destruction”. ( TCHOA volume 2 ignores the horrendous Australia-complicit war crimes and its Index reveals no entries under Andrew Wilkie, avoidable deaths, excess deaths, Iraqi infant mortality, the Geneva Convention, Australian Wheat Board, AWB, Cole Inquiry, Senator Rachel Siewert, Senator Lyn Allison, and Kelvin Thomson).
18. Afghan Genocide, Afghan Holocaust. The US invaded Afghanistan in October 2001 after the 9-11 atrocity, sentencing millions to death without charge or trial for a crime they had nothing to do with. Thus of the 19 alleged Muslim hijackers on 9-11 none were Afghans and none were Iraqis according to “official story” of the lying Bush Administration that, for example told 935 lies about Iraq between 9-11 and the US invasion of Iraq . Numerous science, architecture, engineering, aviation, military and intelligence experts say that the US did 9-11 with some suggesting likely Israeli involvement . A recent analysis by Elias Davidsson concludes that there is no evidence that Muslims did 9-11 and that the “official story” is a lie [28, 29]. It is estimated that 1.3 million Afghans have been killed violently (from Iraq War comparisons), 4.2 million have died from war-imposed deprivation, refugees total 3-4 million and under-5 infant deaths total 3.0 million, 90% avoidable and due to horrendous US Alliance and Australian war crimes in gross contravention of Articles 55 and 56 of the Geneva Convention Relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War which demand that an Occupier must supply food and medical life-sustaining requisites to its conquered subjects to “the fullest extent of the means available to it.”. US restoration of the Taliban-destroyed Afghan opium industry from 6% of world market share in 2001 to 93% in 2007 has been associated with 1 million opiate drug-related deaths worldwide since 2001, this carnage including 200,000 Americans, 50,000 Iranians, 18,000 British, 10,000 Canadians, 8,000 Germans and 4,000 Australians . Australia has been involved militarily since 2001 with bipartisan support. (TCHO volume 2, page TCHOA volume 2 ignores the horrendous Australia-complicit war crimes and its Index reveals no entries under holocaust, genocide, Afghan Holocaust, Afghan Genocide, avoidable death, excess death, Osama bin Laden, Geneva Convention, Afghan infant mortality, Elias Davidsson, and “official story”. Instead TCHOA volume 2, page 515, trots out lying American propaganda: “In the wake of al-Qaeda’s spectacular suicide attacks on the United States on 11 September 2001 , when President George Bush declared the “war on terror”, the Australian prime minister John Howard involved ANZUS, later committing 2,000 troops and naval units to the multinational force invading Iraq”).
19. Ongoing Aboriginal Genocide. Aboriginal avoidable deaths as a percentage of population are 1.8% for Indigenous Australians as compared to 1.0% for non-Arab Africans and 0.4% for Indians [6, 30, and 31]. Accordingly in the 6 years of the 2007-2011 Rudd or Gillard Labor Governments, avoidable Indigenous deaths totalled 54,000 (9,000 excess deaths annually; 54,000 excess deaths in the last 6 years of Labor rule) (TCHOA volume 2, page356 expressed its concerns in terms of differential life expectancies between Indigenous and non-Indigenous Australians of 11.5 years lower for Aboriginal for men and 9.5 years for Aboriginal women. TCHOA eschews the term “genocide” but evading genocide expert Professor Colin Tatz (absent from the TCHOA Indices): “Aborigines probably landed on Cape York, in northern Australia, between – and this is hotly contested among prehistorians at present – 24,000 and 60,000 years ago, forming about 500 tribes with different languages and customs, and numbering between 250,000 and 750,000 at the time of the British arrival, or invasion, in 1788… By 1911, 123 years after settlement, the “rough work” had reduced the aboriginal population to 31,000. Much of this section examines and explains that catastrophic reduction, under headings which borrow from the Convention definition. Disease as genocide …“Killing members of the group”…”Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group” …Forced assimilation …”Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group””).
20. Biofuel Genocide. The Rwandan Genocide killed about 1 million Hutus and Tutsis as compared to the 18 million who die avoidably each year from deprivation in the Third World (including Aboriginal Australia) . However this carnage is increasingly biofuel-impacted as the legislatively-mandated US, UK and EU biofuel perversion forces up global food prices [33, 34]. Australia is a major sugar cane grower and sugar exporter with 60% of sugar going to bioethanol production worldwide; Australia has biofuel-promoting legislation and is a major canola grower, this being a major source for biodiesel) (A search of the TCHOA volume 2 Index reveals no entries under biofuel, Biofuel Genocide, canola, famine, genocide, food).
21. Climate Genocide. 18 million die avoidably each year already from deprivation and deprivation-exacerbated disease . Professor James Lovelock FRS and Professor Kevin Anderson independently say that all but 0.5 billion will perish this century die to unaddressed climate change. Noting that the world population is expected to reach 9.5 billion by 2050 (UN Population Division) , these estimates translate to a climate genocide involving deaths of 10 billion people this century, this including roughly twice the present population of particular mainly non-European groups, specifically 6 billion under-5 year old infants, 3 billion Muslims in a terminal Muslim Holocaust, 2 billion Indians, 1.3 billion non-Arab Africans, 0.5 billion Bengalis, 0.3 billion Pakistanis and 0.3 billion Bangladeshis. On a per capita basis Australia is among the very worst greenhouse gas (GHG) polluters – “annual per capita greenhouse gas (GHG) pollution” in units of “tonnes CO2-equivalent per person per year” (2005-2008 data) is 0.9 (Bangladesh), 0.9 (Pakistan), 2.2 (India), less than 3 (many African and Island countries), 3.2 (the Developing World), 5.5 (China), 6.7 (the World), 11 (Europe), 16 (the Developed World), 27 (the US) and 25 (Australia; or 74 in 2010 if Australia’s huge Exported CO2 pollution is included). An estimated 5 million people already die each year from carbon burning and climate change [35, 36, and 37]. Indeed Australia’s Domestic plus Exported GHG pollution is set to exceed the whole world’s “terminal GHG pollution budget” of 600 Gt CO2 by a factor of three. Yet Australia has a bipartisan policy of a derisory “5% off 2000 GHG pollution by 2020” coupled with unlimited coal, gas, and iron ore exports. (TCHOA volume 2 pages 471 actually get it right here: “The government’s policy on climate change seeks to abate Australia’s high per capita domestic carbon emissions, rather than try to regulate the larger carbon footprint resulting from its vast exports of coal to China and other countries”. That said, a search of the TCHOA volume 2 Index revealed no entries under climate genocide, coal, gas, oil, iron ore, renewable energy, GHG, greenhouse gas, carbon dioxide, methane or nitrous oxide).
22. Tamil Genocide. In Sri Lanka about 100,000 Tamils have been killed, 0.3 million have been incarcerated in concentration camps, and there have been horrendous human rights abuses involving “disappearing”, torture, rape and killing in what Professor Francis Boyle has called Sri Lanka’s Tamil Genocide. Australia is directly involved in this atrocity by declaring Tamil activists to be “terrorists” under Australia’s draconian anti-terrorism laws, preventing medical aid for Tamils, “suspending” the human rights of Tamil refugees and providing military, diplomatic and lying propaganda assistance to the genocidal Sri Lankan authorities). Not surprisingly, US-backed Apartheid Israel has played a key role in the Tamil Genocide  (TCHOA ignores the Tamil Genocide and Australia’s complicity in the Tamil Genocide).
23. Bougainville Genocide. As many as 15,000 Bougainvilleans died out of a population of 175, 00 in the war in which Australia provided helicopter gunships and arms to the PNG government. There is strong opposition to renewed copper mining . (There is no entry for Bougainville in the TCHOA volume 2 Index).
24. Muslim Genocide, Muslim Holocaust and the US War on Muslims. About 12 million Muslims have died from violence or war- and occupation-imposed deprivation in the post-1990 Neocon American and Zionist Imperialist -promoted US War on Muslims, the breakdown since 1990 including 4.6 million (Iraq, 1990-2011), 5.5 million (Afghanistan, 2011-present), 2.2 million (Somalia, 1992 to present) , 0.1 million (Libya, 2011 to present), 0.1 million (Syria to present), 0.1 million (Palestine, 1990 to present) and goodness knows how many in Lebanon, sanctions-crippled Iran, NW Pakistan, Myanmar, and Mali . The ongoing Muslim Holocaust is associated with over 20 million refugees, the breakdown being 5-6 million Iraqis, 3-4 million Afghans, 2 million Somalis, 1 million Libyans, 5 million Syrians (this including 4 million internally displaced people) , & million Palestinians, 1 million Myanmar Rohingyas and 2 million Pashtun refugees generated by US-backed war in NW Pakistan. 1950-2005 avoidable deaths from deprivation in the Muslim World totalled 0.6 billion  and it is predicted that 3 billion Muslims will die due to unaddressed man-made global warming this century, noting that Australia is a leading player in the ongoing and worsening Muslim Genocide and Climate Genocide . (TCHOA utterly ignores this carnage in which Australia has been complicit. A search of the TCHO volume 2 Index reveals no entries for “Muslim” and the entry under “Islam” (page 229) hides the US state terrorism, UK state terrorism, US Alliance state terrorism, Australian state terrorism and Israeli state terrorism carnage in the Muslim world and entrenched anti-Arab anti-Semitism and Islamophobia in Australia: “That many Muslims came carrying the psychic wounds of political religious strife in their homelands, and at a time when political terrorism was on the rise, compounded the clash of cultures”).
25. War on Terror carnage. It is estimated that about 10 million Muslims have died from violence or violently-imposed deprivation since 2001 in the Zionist-promoted US War on Terror in which White Australia is an enthusiastic participant, the breakdown including 3.5 million Iraqis, 5.5 million Afghans, 1.1 million Somalis, 0.1 million Libyans, and 0.1 million Syrians . (TCHOA notes the “war on terror” but ignores the attendant carnage).
26. Asian Holocaust. It is estimated that deaths from violence or from war-imposed deprivation in the post-1950 US Asian wars – in all of which Australia participated – now total about 38 million, the breakdown including 5.2 million (Korea), 1.2 million (Laos), 6.0 million (Cambodia), 15.3 million (Vietnam), 4.5 million (Iraq), and 5.5 million (Afghanistan) (TCHOA ignores this carnage).
27. Somali Holocaust, Somali Genocide. The invasion and occupation Somali by US Alliance forces has been associated with an estimated 0.4 million violent deaths, 1.8 million avoidable deaths from war-imposed deprivation, 2 million refugees and 1.3 million under-5 infant deaths, 90% avoidable and due to horrendous US Alliance war crimes in gross contravention of Articles 55 and 56 of the Geneva Convention Relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War which demand that an Occupier must supply food and medical life-sustaining requisites to its conquered subjects to “the fullest extent of the means available to it”. Australian military forces were involved in 1992-1996 and Australian naval forces operate in collaboration with the US in the Horn of Africa region, noting that the US routinely invades Somalia which is subject to US Alliance occupation. (TCHOA ignores this carnage and a search for “Somalia” in the volume 2 Index yields no result. TCHOA ignores the reality that Gillard Labor approved the basing of 2,500 US marines in Darwin, noting that the US has invaded 70 nations since 1776  ).
28. American Holocaust. An estimated 1.1 million Americans die preventably each year associated with the horrendous financial cost of US wars and the cost of Apartheid Israel to Americans which has now reached a gigantic $40 trillion in today's dollars. The human cost involves the preventable deaths of 15.6 million Americans since September 2001 – passive mass murder of Americans in an American Holocaust inflicted by the fiscal perversion of traitorous Neocon American and Zionist Imperialist One Percenters committing $8-10 trillion to ethnic cleansing and active and passive mass murder of Muslims abroad in support of Apartheid Israel instead of keeping Americans alive at home [42, 43]. (TCHOA ignores this carnage).
29. Australian Holocaust. It is estimated that the long-term accrual cost the War on Terror to Australia is $125 billion and that 66,000 Australians die preventably each year linked to this horrendous fiscal perversion of supporting the War on Terror of US state terrorism at the expense of nearly 0.8 million Australian preventable deaths since September 2001 . (TCHOA ignores this carnage while spouting the usual lying American propaganda).
30. Bedouin Genocide. As noted in “16. Palestinian Genocide” above , Australia kicked off the Palestinian Genocide in the Surafend massacre in the Arab village of Surafend and a Bedouin camp in Palestine by soldiers of the Anzac Mounted Division on 10 December 1918 . Indeed the Anzac exploits in Palestine have recently been commemorated in a joint Australia-Israel stamp issue that dishonestly implies that the Australian Light Horse charge at Beersheba on 31 October 1917 was somehow the second step in the formation of Israel after the 2 November 1917 Balfour Declaration for a Jewish national home in Palestine (actually, according to eminent historian Professor Sir Martin Gilbert, a plot devised to get Russian Zionists to keep Russia in the war) . Dr. Vacy Vlazna commented: “Israel and Australia’s joint projects normalizing Israel’s war crimes and crimes against humanity have sunk deeper in the degenerate mire of hasbara (propaganda & lies)” . The Palestinian Genocide and Bedouin Genocide inadvertently commenced by the Anzac Light Horse in 1918 is continuing today in Apartheid Israel which is preparing to evict up to 70,000 Bedouin from their ancestral homes, villages and lands in the Negev . You may be sure that the Jewish National Fund will use tax-deductible Australian donations to plant Eucalyptus forests over the ethnically cleansed Bedouin villages and lands so the world will forget that the Bedouin had ever lived there . (TCHOA utterly ignores the Australian-complicit Bedouin Genocide and the Palestinian Genocide  of which it is a part).
It is not just Australia’s secret genocide history involving 30 genocidal atrocities that TCHOA wipes from public perception. Thus the Jewish Holocaust (5-6 million dead, 1 in 6 dying from imposed deprivation) is not mentioned, apart from a footnote to a book on TCHOA volume 2 page 89. TCHOA mentions that 7,000 Jewish refugees found haven in Australia before the outbreak of WW2 but does not mention Jewish intellectual Egon Kisch notoriously denied entry in 1934 by the rightwing Australian Government. Indeed TCHOA fails to mention that New Zealand and other parts of the British Empire /Commonwealth totally excluded Jewish refugees . Remarkably, the TCHOA Index fails to detail the enormous contribution of Jewish refugees to post-war Australia and fails to note outstanding anti-racist Jewish scholars e.g. Sir Isaac Isaacs (first Australian-born Governor General), Professor Peter Singer (world-renowned bioethicist), Professor Dennis Altman (world-famous in relation to gay rights), Professor Colin Taz (world genocide expert), and Professor Robert Manne (described as Australia’s leading public intellectual).
TCHOA’s egregious deficiencies go much further. Thus, for a final example, of 15 Nobel Prize winners linked professionally or by birth to Australia – Sir William Lawrence Bragg (1915), Sir William Henry Bragg (1915), Howard Florey (1945), Sir Macfarlane Burnet (1960), Sir John Eccles (1963), Aleksandr Prokhorov (1964), Sir Bernard Katz (1970), Patrick White (1973), Sir John Cornforth (1975), John Harsanyi (1994), Peter Doherty (1996), Robin Warren (2005), Barry Marshall (2005), Elizabeth Blackburn (2009) and Brian Schmidt (2011) - . Only the Braggs, Florey, Burnet and White are mentioned in the Index to volume 2.
Australia has an appalling secret genocide history but politically correct racist (PC racist) Australia steadfastly “looks the other way”. White Australia’s past and present involvements in 30 genocidal atrocities are overwhelmingly not reported by holocaust-ignoring and genocide-ignoring Australian Mainstream media nor taught in Australia’s schools and universities. “The Cambridge History of Australia” comprehensively fails to mention the “Elephant in the room” of White Australia’s appalling involvements in 30 horrendous genocide and holocaust atrocities. Australians are trapped in a “look the other way, Orwellian dream - Australia will only stop committing crimes against humanity when it is informed that it is doing it. Please inform everyone you can – peace is the only way but silence kills and silence is complicity.
- Gideon Polya, “Jane Austen and the Black Hole of British History”, now available for free perusal on the web.
- Gideon Polya, “Bengal Famine. How Australia & UK killed 6-7 million Indians in WW2”, MWC News, 27 September 2011.
- Alison Bashford and Stuart Macintyre (editors), “The Cambridge History of Australia”.
- Gideon Polya, “Australia’s secret genocide history”.
- Jog, N.G. (1944), “Churchill’s Blind-Spot: India”, New Book Company, Bombay.
- Gideon Polya, “Body Count. Global avoidable mortality since 1950”, now available for free perusal on the web.
- Jared Diamond, “Guns, Germs and Steel”.
- Jared Diamond, “Collapse”.
- Robert Manne (editor) “Whitewash: on Keith Windschuttle’s Fabrication of Aboriginal History”. ”
- Keith Windschuttle, “The Fabrication of Aboriginal History, Volume 1, Van Dieman’s Land, 1803-1847”.
- “Military history of Australia”, Wikipedia.
- Gideon Polya, “ANZAC & Armenian Genocide Day. Lest we forget”, MWC News, 24 April 2013.
- C.B.A. Behrens (1955), “Merchant Shipping and the Demands of War”.
- Australian Rural Reconstruction Commission (1946), “Australian wheat exports”. .
- Edgars Dunsdorfs, “The Australian wheat-growing industry, 1788-1948”, Melbourne: University Press, 1956 (p476).
- “Sydney Cove (ship)”, Wikipedia.
- Tom Keneally, “Three Famines”.
- Colin Mason, “A Short History of Asia”.
- “Afghan Holocaust, Afghan Genocide”.
- Gideon Polya, “Pro-Zionist-led Coup ousts Australian PM Rudd”, MWC News, 29 June 2010.
- “Surafend Affair”, Wikipedia.
- Leon Gettler, “An Unpromised Land”.
- Gideon Polya, “Racist Zionism and Israeli State Terrorism threats to Australia and Humanity”, Palestinian Genocide.
- “Jews against Racist Zionism”.
- “Iraqi Holocaust, Iraqi Genocide”.
- “Study: Bush, aides made 935 false statements in run-up to war”, CNN Politics.
- “Experts: US did 9-11”.
- Elias Davidsson, “There is no evidence that Muslims committed the crime of 9-11”, Op Ed News, 10 January 2008.
- Elias Davidsson, “Hijacking America’s Mind on 9/11. Counterfeiting Evidence”.
- “Aboriginal Genocide”.
- Thomson, N., Burns, J., Burrow, S & Kirov, E. (2004), Overview of indigenous health 2004.
- Colin Tatz, “With Intent to Destroy. Reflecting on Genocide”, Verso, London, 2003, pp 74-94.
- “Biofuel Genocide”.
- FAO Food Price Index.
- “Climate Genocide”.
- “Are we doomed?”
- “2011 climate change course”.
- Francis Boyle, “The Tamil Genocide by Sri Lanka. The global failure to protect Tamil rights under international law”.
- Rowan Callick, “Battle intensifies over Bougainville copper”, The Australian, 16 July 2011.
- “Muslim Holocaust, Muslim Genocide”.
- Gideon Polya, “The US has invaded 70 nations since 1776 – make 4 July Independence from America Day”, Countercurrents, 5 July 2013.
- Gideon Polya, “One million Americans die preventably annually in USA”, Countercurrents, 18 February 2012.
- Gideon Polya, “American Holocaust, millions of untimely American deaths and $40 trillion cost of Israel to Americans”, Countercurrents, 27 August 2013.
- Gideon Polya, “Endless War on Terror. Huge cost for Australia & America”, MWC News, 14 October 2012.
- Gideon Polya, "Why PM Julia Gillard Must Go: 66,000 Preventable Australian Deaths Annually", Countercurrents, 21 February, 2012.
- Vacy Vlazna, “Stamping impunity on Israel’s war crimes”, The Palestine Chronicle, 25 June 2013.
- Noreen Sadik, “Israel’s Bedouin population faces mass eviction”, New Internationalist, 23 July 2013:
- “Palestinian Genocide”:
- Martin Gilbert, “Jewish History Atlas”.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Australia announces tougher new exams for citizenship
- Floodwaters still rising as police search for missing
- Mainstream media: Fake news through lying by omission
- Cyclone Debbie lashes Whitsunday Islands, cutting power
- Australia's Anglican Church 'ashamed' about child abuse
- Review: ‘Nutshell’ by Ian McEwan – parable for the planet’s unborn
|Allen L. Jasson|
|William John Cox|