The pro-war, pro-Zionist, US lackey, anti-environment, climate criminal Australian Coalition Government and its Coalition antecedents have an appalling record of warmongering, war making, inequity, environmental vandalism and of egregious human rights abuse, particularly in relation to children.
Summarized below in alphabetical order are areas of unforgivable child abuse linked to action or inaction by Australia’s extreme right wing, Liberal Party-National Party Coalition that since the end of World War 2 has been in power from 1949-1972, 1975-1983, 1996-2007 and since September 2013. One notes that a “child” is defined by the UN as anyone less than 18 years of age.
1. Aboriginal avoidable mortality. Based on 2004 data, about 9,000 Aborigines (Indigenous Australians) die avoidably each year out of a population of about 500,000, an avoidable death rate of 1.8% per year for Indigenous Australians in one of the world’s richest countries as compared to 1.0% per year for impoverished non-Arab Africa and 0.4% for impoverished South Asia [2, 3]. Aboriginal children are being exposed to a high level of avoidable disease and death and severely deprived through massive untimely death of relatives.
2. Aboriginal child poverty. According to Richard Phillips; “The Closing the Gap program selected six social indicators to set targets to overcome inequality between indigenous and non-indigenous Australians. These were: life expectancy; mortality rates for children under five; early childhood education; reading, writing and numeracy; Year 12 attainment rates; and employment… These indicators provide only a partial picture of the entrenched deprivation facing Aboriginal communities. Yet even by these carefully-chosen indices, this year’s report shows that inequality between indigenous and non-indigenous Australians has barely changed, or widened, since 2008.
The life expectancy gap has made little progress and will, according to various commentators, be impossible to bridge by 2031, the target date. Life expectancy for indigenous males is currently 67.2 years, compared to 78.7 years for non-indigenous males, and for indigenous females 72.9 years, compared to 82.6 years for non-indigenous females… Average Australian life expectancy is the fifth highest in the world, but indigenous Australians rank about 100th on a list of 180 nations… the gap in literacy and numeracy skills had worsened for Year 3 children and stalled in some other grade years. Only three of eight reading and numeracy indicators were tracking as expected… Indigenous employment rates fell from 48 percent in 2006 to 46.2 percent in 2011. According to the official unemployment figures, which severely underestimate the real level of joblessness, indigenous unemployment increased from 15.6 percent to 17.1 percent last year. In regional and remote areas, the rate exceeds 19 percent, with indigenous unemployment more than five times higher than for non-indigenous workers”.
3. Aboriginal ethnocide. A basic right of a child is to its language and culture. Aboriginal society was already devastated by the policy of forced child removal (the Stolen Generations) and is still subject to a continuing ethnocide. Of 250 languages pre-invasion, only about 50 survive.
4. Aboriginal Genocide. Article 2 of the UN Geneva Convention states: “In the present Convention, genocide means any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial or religious group, as such: a) Killing members of the group; b) Causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.” The huge Aboriginal avoidable mortality constitutes an Aboriginal Genocide and Aboriginal children are growing up in this appalling context.
5. Aboriginal Human Rights Abuse. The Coalition Government under John Howard effected the so-called Intervention in the Northern Territory by uniformed Australian soldiers and the suspension of protection of Northern Territory Aborigines, including Aboriginal children, by the 1975 Racial Discrimination Act of the Whitlam Labor Government (a measure enacted just 8 years after the 1967 Referendum that allowed such Commonwealth legislation and removed a constitutional law forbidding the counting of Aboriginal inhabitants). This was condemned as a violation of Aboriginal human rights by the Australian Human Rights Commission.
6. Aboriginal infant mortality. The ultimate in child abuse is abuse associated with avoidable or preventable death. Aboriginal under-1 year old infant mortality rate is about 2 times higher than that of White Australians. Thus according to the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS): “The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander [under-1 year old] infant mortality rate in South Australia and the Northern Territory has decreased from 23 deaths per 1,000 live births in 1991 to 10 deaths per 1,000 live births in 2010. The infant mortality rate for other Australians has decreased from five deaths per 1,000 live births in 1991 to four deaths per 1,000 live births in 2010… The Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander [under-5 year old] child mortality rate was more than twice the non-Indigenous child mortality rate (with 45 compared with 20 deaths per 100,000 children aged 1–4 years).”
7. Aboriginal education. Australian children in general suffer from an Educational Apartheid system that grossly disadvantages the poor, with Aboriginal children being most disadvantaged in relation to unaddressed truancy, and gross educational deficit. It has been estimated that 80% of Aboriginal children in the Northern Territory fail to reach basic literacy and numeracy standards. Thus Professor Helen Hughes AO on gross Educational Apartheid in the Northern Territory of Apartheid Australia (2008): “Aboriginal schools in the Northern Territory have failed to provide Indigenous students with these essentials for entry into the labor force. Some 5,000 Indigenous teenagers, and another 5,000 young men and women in their 20s, are unable to speak English, and are illiterate and non-numerate. They cannot read road signs, menus, or instructions on packages of medicines, cleaning materials, and other packaged goods. Aborigines are often accused of using taxis wastefully, but many cannot read well enough to use public transport. They cannot fill shelves in a supermarket, or serve in a shop or café … These young peoples’ education has made them more foreign in their own country than the latest immigrants from Somalia”. There is an average gap of about 2.5 years between attainments of Aboriginal students and other Australian students and between attainments of poor versus rich students.
8. Afghan children. About half the Afghan populations are children. The pro-war, pro-Zionist, Islamophobic, US lackey Coalition is complicit in a post-2001 Afghan Holocaust involving 4.2 million avoidable deaths from war-imposed deprivation, possibly 1.3 million violent deaths (based on Iraq War comparisons) and 3.0 million under-5 infant deaths, 90% avoidable and due to Coalition –complicit US Alliance war crimes in gross violation of Articles 55 and 56 of the Geneva Convention relative to Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War that demand that an Occupier must provide its conquered subjects with life-saving food and medical requisites “to the fullest extent of the means available to it”.
9. Anti-Arab. Roughly half the Arabs in the world are children. Anti-Arab anti-Semitism is verbal or physical abuse of 300 million Arab Semitic people who are ethnically Arab or 1,500 Muslims who are ethnically and/or culturally Arab Semitic. Under both Coalition and Labor (Lib-Lab) Governments Australian public life is characterized by egregious, false defamation of Muslims that would elicit national and international outcry if applied in the same way to Jews. Under the Lib-Labs Australia has been involved in 2 genocidal wars against Muslims (the Iraq War and the Afghan War) and has been a part of the Zionist-backed post-1990 US War on Muslims that has been associated, so far, with Muslim deaths from violence or violently-imposed deprivation totaling 12 million and Muslim refugees that now total over 20 million.
10. Anti-Jewish. Jewish children in Australia are deeply conscious of the safe haven from anti-Jewish anti-Semitism provided by Australia. However due to Coalition and other pro-Zionist extremists there is a virulent new anti-Jewish anti-Semitism in Australia that threatens Jewish children and adults. The pro-Zionist, pro-Apartheid Israel, US lackey Coalition and the right-wing of Labor are egregiously anti-Jewish anti-Semitic by falsely conflating the criminal activities of Apartheid Israel and genocidal racist Zionists with all Jews and thus horribly defaming decent, patriotic, anti-racist Jewish Australians who believe in “never again” to anyone (including Palestinians) and human rights for everyone (including Palestinians) and agree with outstanding anti-racist Jewish American scholar Professor Jared Diamond who in his best-selling book "Collapse” (Prologue, p10, Penguin edition) enunciated the "moral principle, namely that it is morally wrong for one people to dispossess, subjugate, or exterminate another people".
This injunction is grossly violated by racist Zionist (RZ)-run Apartheid Israel and its racist, genocide-committing and genocide-ignoring US Alliance backers. The Coalition has ignored anti-Jewish anti-Semitism directed at anti-racist Jews through censorship and defamation by the taxpayer-funded ABC and the taxpayer-funded, universities-backed web magazine The Conversation. Racist Jews are inescapably morally obliged to adhere to “never again to anyone” but have been egregiously and falsely defamed as “anti-Semites” by Coalition MPs for supporting Boycotts, Divestment and Sanctions(BDS) against Apartheid Israel (as indeed have been all those supporting BDS). The Coalition has promised to cut off all Federal funds for anti-racist Jewish and non-Jewish academics that support Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions against Apartheid Israel, the worst targeting of anti-racist Jewish scholars since the Nazi era. The children of anti-racist Jews in Australia are reading the false, defamatory assertions that their parents are “anti-Semites”.
11. Israeli child abuse. About half of the 12 million Palestinian are children and of these 3 million Palestinian children are forbidden to even step foot in their own country, 2.1 million are Occupied Palestinian children without any human rights, 1.3 million are Occupied Palestinian children living under highly abusive military rule in West Bank Bantustans, 0.8 million are Occupied Palestinian children highly abusively confined to the Gaza Concentration Camp (10% stunted from the Apartheid Israeli blockage) and 0.8 million are Palestinian Israeli children facing lifetime of existence as Third Class citizens under racist Israeli Apartheid laws [10, 17, 18]. The Australian Coalition Government is one of the strongest supporters of Apartheid Israel in the world.
12. Avoidable deaths of children. In 2004 16 million people, half of them under--5 year old infants, died avoidably from deprivation of Spaceship Earth with the US Alliance (including Australia) in charge of the flight deck. Currently about 18 million people die avoidably each year, with about half of them being children. Australia is one of the world’s richest countries but under the new Coalition Government has slashed its aid budget to 0.35% of Gross National Income (GNI) and with about 10% of this to be used to run highly abusive, remotely-located concentration camps for refugees (of whom many are children). . According to Catholics in Coalition for Justice and Peace : “The Government has broken its promise to increase international aid to 0.5% gross national income (GNI) by 2015.The latest Budget shows that the Government has deferred this target by a year, meaning that $2.9 billion less will be spent on the world’s poorest over the next four years. This move will cost hundreds of thousands of lives and curtail our fight against poverty. The Micah Foundation predicts that up to 250,000 fewer lives will be saved through Australian aid than if the promise had been kept in full and on time. The delay means that Australia will miss the key date for the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals by 2015. It also means that the major increases in our aid budget will take place in 2016-17, which is another electoral cycle for the Federal Parliament. For 2012-13, aid spending will remains at 0.35% of Australia’s GNI, instead of 0.38% as planned as part of the scale-up to 0.5% in 2015”.
13. Childhood obesity epidemic in Australia. According to the Dieticians Association of Australia: “Between 1985 and 1995 the rate of childhood overweight doubled and obesity tripled in Australia. Unfortunately, overweight and obesity in Australia remains on the rise. Results from the 2007-2008 Australian National Children’s Nutrition and Physical Activity Survey indicated that one in four children aged 5-17 years are now overweight or obese”. This constitutes nationwide physical child abuse on a massive scale that is ignored by the neoliberal Coalition extremists.
14. Child sexual abuse. The former Gillard Labor Government instituted a Royal Commission into child sexual abuse that is unfortunately confined to investigating horrendous institutional child sexual abuse (up to 40,000 cases over the last 40 years by Catholic Church personnel). However both the Coalition and Labor continue to ignore the awful reality that 34% of Australian women and 16% of Australian men – 4.4 million Australians in all - have been subject to child sexual abuse i.e. the Coalition and Labor have ignored huge non-institutional child sexual abuse.This horrendous child sexual abuse continues unaddressed under the new Coalition Government.
15. Climate change. The climate criminal policy of both the Coalition and Labor is one of a derisory “5% off 2000 greenhouse gas (GHG) pollution by 2020” coupled with unlimited coal, gas and iron ore exports. This means that Australia's Domestic plus Exported GHG pollution will increase from 1,512 Mt CO2-e in 2009 to 2,578 Mt CO2-e in 2020 and that Australia will exceed by a factor of three (3) the whole world's terminal greenhouse gas (GHG) pollution budget (terminal carbon budget) of 600 Gt CO2 that must not be exceeded if the world is to have a 75% chance of avoiding a catastrophic 2C temperature rise. Australia has already exceeded its “fair share” of the world’s terminal carbon budget and is one of the world’s worst countries for annual; per capita GHG pollution and climate change inaction. It is estimated that climate change inaction may result in the avoidable deaths of 10 billion people this century of which 6 billion will be under-5 year old infants. On gaining office the climate criminal Coalition Government immediately set about dismantling the climate change action initiatives of the previous Labor Government, abolishing the expert Climate Commission and adumbrating removal of the Clean Energy Finance Corporation and the Department of Climate Change.
16. Drugs. Drugs, principally alcohol, ruin the home lives of a large number of Australian children through the addiction of their parents. Smoking kills about 16,000 Australians annually and alcohol kills about 3,000 Australians annually whereas illicit drugs kill about 1,000 Australians each year. Labor introduced plain packaging for cigarettes but smoking and alcohol remain legal and associated with the deaths of nearly 20,000 Australians annually. Equally pro-war and slavishly US lackey Coalition and Labor are both enthusiastically involved in the Afghan War that has been associated with the collateral damage of over 1 million opiate drug-related deaths world-wide since 2001 linked to the US Alliance restoration of the Taliban-destroyed Afghan opium industry from 6% of world market share in 2001 to 93% in 2007, the breakdown of this carnage including 200,000 Americans, 50,000 Iranians, 18,000 British, 10,000 Canadians 8,000 Germans and 4,000 Australians.
17. Educational Apartheid. Australia's Educational Apartheid system means that the 2 thirds majority of Australian children attending state schools are disproportionately excluded from a decent education, university, top universities, and top courses such as medicine and law; that 80% of NT Aboriginal children fail to meet basic literacy and numeracy standards; that there is an average gap of about 2.5 years between attainments of Aboriginal students and other Australian students and between attainments of poor versus rich students; that 47% of Australians are functionally illiterate and 53% are functionally innumerate; and that children attending taxpayer-funded private schools are subject to religious brainwashing (intellectual child abuse) that variously teaches them to accept sexism, misogyny, sexual guilt, unsafe sex, creationism, intelligent design, anti-science miracles and the right to invade, occupy, devastate and ethnically cleanse other countries. Labor’s “Gonski reforms” for a better needs-based education funding was accepted by governments representing 80% of Australian children. These Federal-State deals were accepted by the Coalition pre-election but it recently reneged on its election promise – however public outcry forced it to retreat to a deficient semblance of its election promise. The inequity-committed Coalition opposes the expansion of funding to needy state schools. There are dozens of educational procedural innovations that cost nothing or very little and that can and should be introduced to address the educational crisis but the Coalition has a corporatist model aimed at perpetuating Educational Apartheid and indeed exacerbating it by cutting needs-based funding and turning state schools in prosperous areas into quasi-private schools. (see also “Aboriginal education”).
18. Ecocide, environmental vandalism. Children have a right to experience our wonderful biodiversity – nobody has the right to take this away from them. Under the climate criminal Coalition Australia is set to worsen its appalling record of ecocide and environmental vandalism. The pro-coal, pro-gas, pro-mining Coalition at both the State and Federal level is committed to unlimited, Gadarene exploitation of natural resources with remorseless GHG pollution of the one common atmosphere and ocean of all countries. Thus, by way of just one example, the iconic Great Barrier Reef is threatened by agricultural run-off, dredging for coal port developments, hugely increasing coal shipping, and GHG pollution with consequent ocean warming and acidification – at current rates of GHG pollution it will be doomed within 20 years. (see also “Intergenerational inequity, Intergenerational injustice” and “Stealing the future”).
19. Genocide. The Coalition is variously complicit in the Palestinian Genocide, the Iraqi Genocide, the Afghan Genocide and the Muslim Genocide in which child deaths from violence or violently-imposed deprivation have totaled circa 1 million (since 1936), 2 million (since 1990), 3 million (since 2001) and 6 million (since 1990), respectively. The Coalition is an outspoken leader in the Australian national culture of “look the other way” and decrying those raising unfortunate historical realities.
20. Holocaust. Holocaust involves the death of a large number of people. The horrendous child deaths in the Coalition-complicit US War on Muslims (see “Genocide”) is remorselessly ignored by the Coalition, Coalition-supporting oligopoly Mainstream media and academics. Thus the recently launched “The Cambridge History of Australia” ignores 30 genocidal atrocities involving horrendous child deaths and in which Australia has been complicit. Former Coalition PM John Howard applied the term “the black arm-band view of history” to exposure of the ongoing Aboriginal Genocide. Holocaust ignoring is far, far worse than holocaust finial because at least the latter admits the possibility of public debate.
21. Intellectual child abuse. The one third of Australian children attending Australian taxpayer-funded private schools are variously subject to religious brainwashing (intellectual child abuse) that variously teaches them to accept sexism, misogyny, sexual guilt, unsafe sex, creationism, intelligent design, anti-science miracles (e.g. virgin birth, walking on water, rising from the dead, water into wine and bread into flesh) and the right to invade, occupy, devastate and ethnically cleanse other countries . The Coalition is a fierce champion of increased taxpayer funding of private schools (see “Educational Apartheid”).
22. Intergenerational inequity, intergenerational injustice. The Coalition is resolute in effectively opposing timely and effective action against climate change. Indeed a substantial proportion of Coalition MPs deny the actuality of man-made climate change i.e. the Coalition MPs are all actual or effective climate change deniers. The climate criminal Coalition is leaving a huge Carbon Debt for future generations. Thus it is estimated that for every $1 paid for coal, future generations will have to spend $2-$3 in today's dollars on requisite generation of biochar to reduce atmospheric CO2 (for every $1 for gas there will be a similar debt of $0.6-$1.0 for subsequent requisite biochar production) – a huge burden of intergenerational inequity and the coal-based Carbon Debt thus incurred under the 3-yeat Abbott Coalition Government is estimated to be $300-450 billion. Australia has already used up its “fair share” of the world’s terminal carbon budget and is now stealing the entitlement if all other countries. The world will demand that future generations of Australians pay this debt.
23. Iraqi children Iraqi Genocide, Iraqi Holocaust. The Coalition under John Howard was involved in the Sanctions against Iraq that were associated with 1.2 million under-5 year old Iraqi infant deaths. The Howard Coalition Government joined the US and UK in the illegal, war criminal invasion and occupation of Iraq in 2003 that by 2011 was associated with a further 0.8 million under-5 year old Iraqi infant deaths, 90% avoidable and due to Lib-Lab–complicit US Alliance war crimes in gross violation of Articles 55 and 56 of the Geneva Convention relative to Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War that demand that an Occupier must provide its conquered subjects with life-saving food and medical requisites “to the fullest extent of the means available to it”.
24. Israeli child abuse, Israeli state terrorism. Coalition-backed Apartheid Israel continues horrendous abuse of Palestinian children. Since 1936 Palestinian deaths from violence (0.1 million) or from violently-imposed deprivation (1.9 million) have totaled 2 million, of whom half have been of children. About half of the 12 million Palestinians are children and of these 3 million Palestinian children are forbidden to even step foot in their own country, 2.1 million are Occupied Palestinian children without any human rights, 1.3 million are Occupied Palestinian children living under highly abusive military rule in West Bank Bantustans, 0.8 million are Occupied Palestinian children highly abusively confined to the Gaza Concentration Camp (10% stunted from the Apartheid Israeli blockage) and 0.8 million are Palestinian Israeli children facing lifetime of existence as Third Class citizens under racist Israeli Apartheid laws. The salivating pro-Zionist Coalition recently voted at the UN General Assembly with 6 other pro-Zionist nations to oppose overwhelmingly UN Gemral Assembly-supported motions for 2014 as the year of Palestinians, investigation of Palestinian rights, and for dialogue. Coalition-ruled Australia abstained from 2 further overwhelmingly UN General Assembly-supported motions demanding that the Geneva Convention should apply to the Occupied Palestinian Territories and condemning illegal Israeli settlement construction in occupied territory.
25. Jewish children. For anti-racist Jews and indeed all anti-racist humanitarians the core moral messages from the Jewish Holocaust (5-6 million dead, 1 in 6 dying from deprivation) and from the more general WW2 European Holocaust (30 million Slav, Jewish and Gypsy dead) are “zero tolerance for racism”, “never again to anyone”, “bear witness” and “zero tolerance for lying”. All children know this but the Coalition and the racist Zionists that they support are telling Australian children and Jewish Australian children in particular otherwise in a process of egregious intellectual child abuse.
26. Lying to children. Lying to children is unconscionable with the possible exception the stories about Father Christmas, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy that at least have the merit of making children realize that they are being lied to by adults. Yet the Coalition and the Coalition-supporting Mainstream media and pliant academics have an appallingly record of lying to children about just about everything set out in this document.
27. Muslim children. Muslim Genocide, Muslim Holocaust. About 12 million Muslims, half of them children, have died since 1990 in the Coalition-backed, Zionist-promoted US War on Muslims.
28. Palestinian children, Palestinian Genocide, Palestinian Holocaust. Coalition-backed Apartheid Israel continues horrendous abuse of Palestinian children. Since 1936 Palestinian deaths from violence (0.1 million) or from violently-imposed deprivation (1.9 million) have totaled 2 million, of whom half have been of children. While donating to an orphanage in the Gaza Concentration Camp could conceivably attract life imprisonment in Australia under the Coalition’s draconian Anti-terrorism Laws, the Coalition makes donations towards the Palestinian Genocide, its advocacy and its cover-up tax deductible.
29. Preventable Australian deaths. About 66,000 Australians die preventable each year, this being linked to the neoliberal Coalition philosophy of maximizing corporate exploitation of natural and human resources at the expense of ordinary Australians. Thus, for example, the Coalition has committed to a long-term accrual cost of $125 billion (so far) for the Zionist-promoted US War on Terror yet since 9-11 (almost certainly due to the US Government) zero (0) Australians have died from terrorism within Australia whereas 0.8 million Australians have died preventable associated with the Coalition policy of killing Muslims abroad instead of keeping Australians alive at home. Fortunately, very few Australia children have died in this period (only about 12,000 under-5 year old infants) but Australia children suffer in this carnage due to the untimely loss of parents, siblings, other relatives and friends.
30. Refugee children, Refugee children maltreatment. The Coalition has an appalling anti-refugee policy involving falsely describing those coming by boat as “illegal”; indefinite and highly abusive incarceration of all such refugee arrivals (men, women and children) in on-shore and off-shore concentration camps run for profit by private companies; and determination that absolutely no refugees who arrive by boat (or who have arrived and are subject to temporary protection visas) will be allowed to live in Australia. These refugees are being sent to concentration camps in Nauru or on malaria- and dengue fever-infested Manus Island in Papua New Guinea. This is a sentence of death for many infants as seen from the following data on under--5 infant deaths per 1,000 live births in Australia (5) , Nauru (37) and Papua New Guinea (67).
31. Stealing the future. The world is rapidly running out of time to deal with the worsening climate crisis. Indeed it has been estimated that at current rates of GHG pollution the world has only 5 years left before it exceeds the terminal carbon budget of 600 Gt CO2 that must not be exceeded of we are to have a 75% chance of avoiding a catastrophic 2C temperature rise. Australia’s Domestic plus Exported GHG pollution is so great that Australia has already exceeded its “fair share” of this terminal carbon budget. The past and continuing climate inaction policies of the Coalition have already bequeathed an environmental disaster to Australian children and future generations as well as a steadily increasing Carbon Debt that is estimated at $2 trillion.
32. Terracide. The past and continuing Coalition policies have not just bequeathed an environmental disaster to Australian children, they are set to wipe out most of Humanity and the Biosphere i.e. Terracide.
33. UK state terrorism. Australian children are happily raised with innocent affection for the monarchy but entrenched Mainstream politician, media and academic lying ensures that they are unaware of the horrendous British historical role in genocide on 6 continents and in the Palestinian Genocide, Iraqi Genocide, and Afghan Genocide, and that 1950-2005 avoidable deaths from deprivation and deprivation-exacerbated in countries variously occupied by the UK since 1945 have totaled about 727 million with about half being children.
34. Under-employment, Unemployment. According to the Green Left Weekly (2013): “An ongoing Roy Morgan survey found 2.41 million people in Australia (19.3% of the workforce) were unemployed or underemployed in October. An estimated 1.33 million (10.7% of the workforce) of these were unemployed. The Roy Morgan unemployment rate is 5% higher than the official unemployment rate [5.8%] calculated by the Australian Bureau of Statistics... 40% of workers in Australia now forced to survive through insecure and non-permanent jobs” . According to the Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) (2013) “Unemployment rate increased by less than 0.1 pts to 5.8% … Participation rate decreased to 64.8%.... Employment increased 1,100 to 11,639,200. Full-time employment decreased 27,900 to 8,094,700 and part-time employment increased 28,900 to 3,544,500’. Against this generally dire background, the unemployment rate for 15 to 19-year-olds looking for full-time work in July 2013 was 25.5 per cent. The Coalition as part of its program of wealth redistribution from the poor to the rich plans to sack 12,000 public service jobs in the next 2 years. However Australian children can look forward to the neoliberal future in which they will be employed, albeit on very low wages, looking after the rich and retired “baby boomers”. And of course, with the neoliberal Coalition “stealing the future” and “terracide” one notes that there will be “no jobs on a dead planet”.
35. University fees. While all Education should be free for all, Australian university students are starting adult life with huge debts for university tuition known as the Higher Education Contribution Scheme (HECS). The neoliberals, of which the Coalition are the most ferocious exponents, are pauperizing the young at the outset of adult life.
36. UK, US and Israeli state terrorism. Australian children are falsely taught about Australia’s glorious military history in support of the UK and the US but are not taught about the hundreds of millions of victims of UK imperialism and US imperialism. Indeed the Coalition demanded the banning of a book by teacher Paul Gilby for final year high school students that actually mentioned US state terrorism and Israeli state terrorism. My contribution to the public debate was as follows: “Teacher Paul Gilby is correct over "state terrorism" - the Coalition politicians are wrong. Seven thousand Western civilians (including Israelis) have been killed by "Muslim-origin non-state terrorism" over the last 40 years. In contrast, the post-invasion avoidable mortality (excess deaths; deaths that should not have happened) in the Occupied Palestinian, Iraqi and Afghan territories currently (September 2006) totals 0.3, 0.5 and 2 million respectively - roughly 60 per cent avoidable under-5-year-old-infant deaths and due to occupier violation of the Geneva Conventions that demand that occupiers keep their conquered subjects alive. US-Israeli state terrorism indeed. Censorship of Paul Gilby would be gross denial of the awful truth”. If one deletes the 3,000 killed on 9-11 (almost certainly by the US Government) and 2,000 Israeli invaders killed by Palestinians, the Western victims of Muslim-origin non-state terrorism over the last 40 years total about 2,000. In contrast, about 12 million Muslims, half of them children, have died since 1990 in the Coalition-backed, Zionist-promoted US War on Muslims.
37. Violence. Australian children grow up happily in an environment in which even verbal violence is deplored. Yet successive Coalition Governments have been involved in the Zionist-promoted US War on Muslims in which about 12 million Muslims, half of them children, have been actively or passively killed since 1990.
38. War, war criminals. The Coalition has supported all post-1950 US Asian wars, horrendous conflicts in which 38 million Asians have died from violence or from war-imposed deprivation, with about half the victims being children. Now Australia allows 2,500 child-killing US Marines to be based in Darwin and has adumbrated the Cocos Island hosting of child-killing US drones.
39. War on Muslims. Successive Coalition Governments have been involved in the Zionist-promoted US War on Muslims in which about 12 million Muslims, half of them children, have been actively or passively killed since 1990.
40. War on Terror. Successive Coalition Governments have been involved in the Zionist-promoted US War on Terror in which about 10 million Muslims, half of them children, have been actively or passively killed since 2001. The Coalition has committed to a long-term accrual cost of $125 billion (so far) for the Zionist-promoted US War on Terror, yet since 9-11 (almost certainly due to the US Government) zero (0) Australians have died from terrorism within Australia whereas 0.8 million Australians have died preventable associated with the Coalition policy of killing Muslims abroad instead of keeping Australians alive at home.
41. Zionist subversion, Zionist perversion. Australian children are brought up to believe that they live in a free , democratic country. However Neocon American and Zionist Imperialist One Percenters whose policies are associated with 1 million American preventable deaths annually, their traitorous Australian supporters, neoliberal corporations and corporatists have subverted and perverted Australian democracy. Australia has become a Murdochracy, Lobbyocracy and Corpratocracy in which Big Money buys people, politicians, parties, policies, public perception of reality and political power. The Coalition-supported pro-Zionist One Percenters also impose extraordinary censorship on Australians, largely eliminating criticism of Apartheid Israel and US imperialism from Mainstream politician, media and academic debate and have utterly deceived the Australian public including Australian children. However in doing this they are doing what the previous Anglo-centric Establishment had been doing since the British invasion of Australia in 1788.
A succession of pro-war, pro-Zionist, US lackey Coalition Australian Federal Governments have been actively or passively associated with horrendous, unforgivable abuse of children both within Australia and abroad. The pro-war, pro-Zionist, US lackey, right-wing faction of the Australian Labor Party through action and inaction has a similar complicity.
Australians apprised of Coalition complicity in unforgivable, horrendous child abuse will vote 1 Green and put the Coalition last (one notes that in a recent ballot for leadership of the Australian Labor Party, 60% of Labor Party members overwhelmingly rejected right-wing Labor that has retrograde positions similar to those of the Coalition). All decent Australians and young Australians in particular must ensure that the Coalition is sidelined from public life for its complicity in unforgivable abuse of children. Please tell everyone you can.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Earth Day - Be more environmentally friendly
- North Korea: 'US has now gone seriously mad'
- Taliban fighters attack Afghan army base, 'killing 140'
- Where do candidates stand on immigration, EU, religion?
- Military court convicts Cameroon journalist Ahmed Abba
- Afghanistan mourns after deadly Taliban attack on base
- Australia announces tougher new exams for citizenship
- Floodwaters still rising as police search for missing
- Mainstream media: Fake news through lying by omission
- Cyclone Debbie lashes Whitsunday Islands, cutting power
- Australia's Anglican Church 'ashamed' about child abuse
- Review: ‘Nutshell’ by Ian McEwan – parable for the planet’s unborn
|Allen L. Jasson|