|Wikileaks Saga Exposes Censorship|
And Genocide Ignoring by Mainstream Media
Two huge features of Wikileaks are that (1) the leaked US cables simply provide documentary confirmation what sensible people had surmised already about the conduct of the US Alliance; and (2) the real scandal is that neither Wikileaks nor Mainstream media (MSM) will report the horrendous carnage of 8 million dead so far in the US War on Terror. Below is documentary evidence of how the Australian ABC and one of Australia’s leading newspapers, The Age (Melbourne), actively censors reportage of this ongoing, largely Muslim Holocaust.
A 5-decade-career scientist, I retired from my laboratory-based research 7 years ago (although I still teach a major course to second year university science students). Inspired by Polish war hero Jan Karski (who tried to tell an unbelieving world about the Nazi Holocaust in Poland as it was happening) and appalled by Mainstream media, politician and academic ignoring of the ongoing US-imposed genocides (notably the ongoing Palestinian Genocide, Iraqi Genocide, Afghan Genocide and fossil fuel-driven Climate Genocide), I have been very active researching and writing to bear witness about these ongoing atrocities.
Silence kills and silence is complicity – one cannot walk by on the other side.
While I publish extensively around the World, I am almost completely excluded from presenting this urgent humanitarian message within Australia. However I have found a hole in the Mainstream media (MSM) Wall of Silence via what is arguably Australia’s most liberal Mainstream medium, The Age newspaper of Melbourne. The Age has an online version and invites reader comments on articles in a section entitled The National Times that is distributed to other newspapers of the Australian Fairfax media empire. I have been regularly making such comments under my own name (Dr Gideon Polya) but have noted considerable censorship of comments if Israel or Zionism is mentioned.
However in recent weeks such censorship by The Age reached an extraordinary level such that most comments I submitted concerning the Wikileaks saga were censored (I hasten to add that I don’t know who actually does the censoring at The Age). I have concluded that what the Censor does not want readers of The Age to read is the real scandal that neither Wikileaks nor Western Mainstream media (MSM) report the horrendous carnage in the US War on Terror that now totals 8 million dead, mostly from war-imposed deprivation. Some salient examples are provided below.
1. The Age republished an article re Wikileaks by Simon Jenkins in the UK Guardian entitled”In the future the only secrets will be spoken ones” (The Age, 30 November 2010). 64 comments (all but 4 from anonymous bloggers) were published but The Age evidently did not want its readers to read that from Dr Gideon Polya: “Full praise to Wikileaks and Australian hero Julian Assange for exposing the pure evil of violent US imperialism.
It is a national disgrace that the US lackey Australian Labor Government has rushed to support its war criminal US and Israeli friends and is threatening Julian Assange with a politicized Australian Federal Police (AFP) investigation.
The AFP would be better employed using its resources to investigate spying, suborning, terrorism-promotion, criminality and treason in Australia by pro-US and pro-Zionist non-Australians, Australians and dual citizen Australians.
Indeed I have sent a detailed, lengthy and documented dossier to the AFP (and to media and MPs) about 50 areas in which Zionists threaten Australia (Google "50 ways racist Zionists"). An AFP response to my complaints about the Australian-complicit Israeli terrorist forging of Australian passports for deadly terrorism purposes and the violent kidnapping of 5 Australians in International waters by Australian Israeli terrorists was that "no Commonwealth laws appear to have been broken".
Indeed a huge Elephant in the Room scandal is that while the Mainstream Media (MSM) report the more juicy and personal Wikileaks diplomatic releases, they simply won't report horrendous Truths that are readily accessible from authoritative UN, scientific and other sources e.g. 1.4 million violent deaths in post-invasion Iraq (US Just Foreign Policy), 0.3 million annual under-5 infant deaths in Occupied Afghanistan ( UNICEF), 2.6 million under-5 infant deaths in Occupied Afghanistan and 2.0 million under-5 infant deaths in Iraq under Sanctions in Occupation (UN Population Division) and 1,000 child deaths each day in the overseas American Empire under Obama (Google "Hey, hey, USA").”
2. The Age subsequently published an article by the Fairfax China correspondent John Garnaut entitled “”The Chinese have Kevin Rudd pegged” about the Wikileaks revelations about former PM Rudd advocating US military action against China (The Age, 6 December 2010). 96 comments (all but 1 from anonymous bloggers) were published but The Age again completely censored my comment (although it did finally publish a version I censored myself). My original comment that The Age did not want its readers to read was as follows: “The Wikileaks release reveals former PM Kevin Rudd as a dangerous warmonger suggesting war on China and Australian deployments in Pakistan as well as attacking China's sovereignty over Tibet and Taiwan that predates UK sovereignty over Scotland.
I agree with Coalition Shadow Foreign Minister Julie Bishop that PM Gillard should clarify Australia's position re war against China and war in Pakistan.
Having attempted to wreck Australia's mining industry through massive taxation the Labor Government is now jeopardizing the China market that enabled Australia to survive the GFC unscathed.
Peace is the only way but silence kills and silence is complicity. Julian Assange is a world hero and should be Australian of the Year for exposing the lying US warmongers, converters and war criminals.
It is an utter disgrace that the Australian Labor Government in threatening Julian Assange is putting the protection of the pathologically violent, dishonest, war criminal and climate criminal US Government against the protection of an heroic Australian citizen. Rudd should be sacked. Indeed the dangerously incompetent Gillard Labor Government should be sacked.
For decent, pro-peace, pro-Planet Australians the crucial electoral strategy is to Put Labor Last until it returns to traditional Whitlam era values, totally rejects the deadly invasion and occupation of Asian countries at the behest of the Americans and takes serious action on climate change (zero CO2 emissions and 100% renewable energy by 2020 according to the much-acclaimed BZE ZCA2020 Report) that acutely threatens most of our Asian neighbors with massive physical destruction.”
3. The Age published an article by Fairfax writer Charles Purcell entitled “Truth, power, and an age-old divide” (between young and old power) (The Age, 8 December 2010). The Age published 43 comments (all but 5 anonymous) but again found 2 successive comments by me unfit to print: “"Some very dubious age-related assertions in this article. I am an older Australian but have been "talking truth to power" all my adult life. Back in the 1960s my car was adorned with a big sign saying "Nazis killed Jews. We kill Asians" (we still are) and I took part in the 500,000 strong Washington demo against the bombing of Cambodia (our ally is using robots to bomb villages in flood-devastated Pakistan). In 2010 the members of our local Climate Action Group are overwhelmingly over 50 years old.
Julian Assange is a hero for freedom of information and the Australian Labor Government stands condemned not just for its immoral secret dealings with the US, betrayal of pro-peace, pro-truth Labor supporters and its attacks on Wikileaks but for its dangerous perversion of rational risk management that is vital for the security of Australians and which fundamentally requires FOI.
The Wikileaks release of US documents about "US friends" in Australian Labor comes 35 years after Phillip Agee published his personal account as a CIA operative in Latin America (see "Inside the Company. CIA Diary"). As I remember, Agee's job in Ecuador was to "run" the Head of the Trade Union Movement, the President and Vice-President (whose mistresses both wanted Cadillac) and the Leader of the Opposition. Agee's account instantly transformed my understanding of Australian politics; with confirmation provided when the retiring CIA chief in Australia praised his special "friends" by name (the Wikileaks documents are supposed to go back to 1966 so more confirmation may be in store for us)."
For the second time a carefully researched, non-anonymous and usefully referenced comment by me on Wikileaks has failed to make it in the National Times. A self-censored version below.
Ultimately Wikileaks by Australian and World hero Julian Assange is about overcoming Mainstream media and politician censorship and directly promoting Freedom of Information which is vital for rational risk management and the safety of Australians and indeed all people worldwide.
Wikileaks documentary revelations about US subversion of Australian and other governments and institutions are predated by 35 years in Phillip Agee's "Inside the Company. CIA Diary" in which he describes his work in Ecuador "running" top government, opposition and trade union leaders as US agents. This was for me an instant revelation about US-subverted Australian politics that is now being further exposed by Wikileaks.
Wikileaks is importantly providing insider evidence about US espionage, war crimes, subversion and collaborators around the world.
Agee also noted that a CIA colleague had an exciting time "running" Ecuadorian terrorists who would bomb Catholic Churches (these atrocities then being blamed on Communists). There is a wealth of subsequent information about US backing of terrorists (including nascent Al Qaeda and the Taliban). We await further Wikileaks documents about US state terrorism and Australia's role in such atrocities.
The "age divide" assertion in the article is unsubstantiated and dubious - there are plenty of decent Australians young and old who are opposed to Australian-complicit US wars, invasions and genocides (violent deaths and non-violent avoidable deaths from deprivation so far total 4.4 million in the Iraqi Genocide, 1990-2010, and 4.9 million in the Afghan Genocide, 2001-2010).”
4. The Age published an article by The Age writer Kathleen Murphy entitled “New cables reinforce image of Arbib as compulsive player” about the secret, Wikileaks-revealed connection of Labor Coup Plotter Senator Arbib as a secret informer to the US (The Age, 9 December 2010). The Age published 40 comments (all but 3 anonymous) but again found my comment unfit for its readers: "Ms Murphy jocularly dismisses Arbib's special relationship with a dangerous foreign power that the Americans sought to keep secret from non-US nationals.
However the fact remains that thanks to Arbib's secret relationship with Washington the US was warned of moves against Kevin Rudd in 2009 whereas PM Rudd was only made aware in the evening of 23 June 2010.
Wheels within wheels. Australia has been a lackey of the US since the US-backed coup against PM Whitlam in 1975. Mark Latham was vetoed by the US Ambassador in the 2004 elections. George Bush intervened outrageously in the 2007 elections. The Labor Party has been a craven lackey of Washington but according to the Wikileaks 2 of the main pro-Zionist plotters in the Coup against Rudd were US informants.
If a member of the Australian cricket team were found to be giving secret advice to the English he would have to retire to the Home Country but MPs being secret informants of a dangerous, nuclear terrorist, war-making nation is far more serious.
However US lackey Labor turns the other cheek over the forging of Australian passports by US-backed Israel, the violent kidnapping of Australians in international waters by Israeli terrorists (including dual citizen Australian Israeli terrorists) and massive illegal seizure of Australian citizens' property in Palestine by Apartheid Israel. Now Labor turns the other cheek over (as revealed by Wikileaks), the spying on Australians ordered by Hillary Clinton, warmongering against the Chinese and Pakistanis by Rudd, and "informing" of the Americans by 3 pro-Zionist Labor MPs.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Earth Day - Be more environmentally friendly
- North Korea: 'US has now gone seriously mad'
- Taliban fighters attack Afghan army base, 'killing 140'
- Where do candidates stand on immigration, EU, religion?
- Military court convicts Cameroon journalist Ahmed Abba
- Afghanistan mourns after deadly Taliban attack on base
- Julian Assange's arrest a 'priority': Jeff Sessions
- Pompeo: WikiLeaks is a 'hostile intelligence service'
- Mainstream media: Fake news through lying by omission
- Review: ‘Nutshell’ by Ian McEwan – parable for the planet’s unborn
- Turnbull & Trudeau anti-BDS & pro-Apartheid Israel
- Zionist Nobel Laureate Bob Dylan & Neighbourhood Bully
|Allen L. Jasson|