A public forum on Saturday, December 10, 7:30 pm, Hewett Centre, Unitarian Church of Vancouver, 949 West 49 Ave, Vancouver, BC
Vancouverites Karen DeVito and John "Max" Soos last month experienced two very different aspects of Israel's control over Palestine.
Karen was one of three Canadian delegates who sailed with Freedom Waves. She was among the 27 people aboard The Canadian Tahrir and the Irish Saoirse, who were forcefully taken from international waters to an Israeli prison while attempting to break the blockade of Gaza.
John was a volunteer harvesting olives in the West Bank and observed first hand the abusive treatment of Palestinians by the Israeli military. As a mental health care professional he heard from colleagues about the toll this abuse takes on ordinary Palestinians, including children.
Sponsors: Canadian Boat to Gaza (tahrir.ca)/Social Justice Committee Unitarian Church
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Pope Francis arrives in Egypt on historic visit
- Tens of thousands to protest Trump's climate policies
- Palestinian 'day of rage' in support of prisoners
- Trump tells NRA he will never 'infringe' on gun rights
- US marines return to Taliban stronghold of Helmand
- Hezb-i-Islami's Hekmatyar to Taliban: Lay down arms