Al Jazeera correspondent Wayne Hay, cameraman Adil Bradlow, producers Russ Finn and Baher Mohammed are currently being detained by Egyptian authorities.
They have been held since Tuesday. Wayne, Adil, Russ and Baher were in Cairo covering events.
The arrests follow the detainment of Abdullah al-Shami who was performing his duties as an Al Jazeera correspondent when he was arrested after the raid of the pro-Morsi sit-in at Rabaa al-Adawiya on August 14, along with Mohamed Badr, a cameraman for Al Jazeera Mubasher Misr who has been held for more than one month.
These arrests are part of what Reporters Without Borders has called "growing hostility" towards journalists in Egypt.
There has also been a campaign against Al Jazeera in particular, as the channel's offices were raided last month and security forces seized equipment which has yet to be returned.
Al Jazeera calls for the Egyptian authorities to release all our staff unconditionally along with their belongings and equipment.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Ivanka faces tough questions over Trump in Berlin
- Marwan Barghouti's health in serious decline: NGO
- Refugee boat sinks between Greece and Turkey, 16 drown
- China urges restraint in dealing with North Korea
- Turkey targets Kurdish fighters in Iraq and Syria
- Air strikes kill civilians fleeing Syria's Raqqa
|Allen L. Jasson|