As a brief follow-up and with the media frenzy around the 2016 U.S. presidential election, I'm writing with a fascinating story for MWC News that asks, "What do other countries think about Hillary and Trump?"
Pollfish [https://www.pollfish.com]—the world’s foremost mobile survey company—asked 3,500 people across six countries (Canada, France, Germany, Russia, Mexico, and the UK), as well as Latinos residing in the U.S., to weigh in on the U.S. presidential elections.
Key findings from the poll include:
>> 1. 60% OF THE WORLD WOULD VOTE FOR HILLARY OVER TRUMP
Across the eight countries, 24% of respondents voiced support for Trump, and 26% said they would vote for neither candidate. Mexico showed the strongest support for Hillary—while opinions were more divisive among Spanish-speaking Latinos in the U.S. Russia is the only outlier, demonstrating preference for Trump over Hillary.
* MEXICO: 96% Hillary, 4% Trump
* U.S. LATINOS: 60% Hillary, 40% Trump
* RUSSIA: 15% Hillary, 48% Trump, 36% neither
(For comparison, according to another Pollfish poll, the breakdown in the USA is currently 53% for Hillary and 47% for Trump.)
>> 2. 63% OF THE WORLD IS DISTURBED BY TRUMP'S BEHAVIOR TOWARDS WOMEN
Asked whether they believe Trump's lewd comments were locker room banter or potential evidence of sexual assault against women, most respondents said the latter. That belief was strongest in Mexico, Germany, and Canada. Contrarily, most Russian respondents felt Trump's comments were typical banter between men.
* MEXICO: 75% sexual assault, 25% locker room banter
* GERMANY: 70% sexual assault, 30% locker room banter
* CANADA: 68% sexual assault, 32% locker room banter
* RUSSIA: 25% sexual assault, 75% locker room banter
>> 3. 68% OF THE WORLD FAVORS STRICTER GUN CONTROL MEASURES
The UK came in first as the staunchest supporter of stricter gun control measures worldwide, followed by Canada. Opposition to stricter gun control measures was highest in Germany and among Spanish-speaking Latinos in the U.S.
* UNITED KINGDOM: 78% in favor, 10% against, 11% neutral
* CANADA: 71% in favor, 11% against, 18% neutral
* GERMANY: 62% in favor, 16% against, 22% neutral
* U.S. LATINOS: 51% in favor, 16% against, 33% neutral
(For comparison, U.S. sentiments are currently at 60% in favor of stricter gun control laws, 30% against, and 10% neutral.)
>> 4. 80% OF THE WORLD THINKS HILLARY WOULD BE BETTER FOR INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
Most respondents said Hillary would create better diplomatic relations with their country. Russia had the opposite response—with nearly three quarters of respondents opting for Trump. Asked which candidate would be more likely to provoke a conflict with Russia in Syria, 66% of Russian respondents chose Hillary (vs. 34% for Trump).
* MEXICO: 97% Hillary, 3% Trump
* FRANCE: 87% Hillary, 13% Trum
* RUSSIA: 28% Hillary, 72% Trump
>> 5. 77% OF THE WORLD THINKS HILLARY WILL WIN THE ELECTION
With regards to which candidate they think will actually win the election, three countries stand out: France, as the country most convinced of Hillary's victory; the Spanish-speaking Latino population in the U.S., as most divided over which candidate will win; and Russia, as the only country that thinks Trump will win.
* FRANCE: 83% Hillary, 17% Trump
* U.S. Latinos: 57% Hillary, 43% Trump
* RUSSIA: 42% Hillary, 58% Trump
The Pollfish survey polled 500 people in each of six countries, as well as 500 Spanish-speaking Latinos in the U.S., in their native languages, from October 25-27. Thanks to Pollfish's proprietary database of more than 320 million mobile users—the largest of its kind—the survey was conducted much faster than phone-based or online survey platforms.
Liz Bagot // Pollfish
Publicist, PR Hacker
Most Read News
- Westminster attack: Death toll rises to five
- Trump administration to host first anti-ISIL meeting
- London police: Eight arrests over Westminster attack
- FBI head James Comey confirms Russia election probe
- Israel: 2016 killing of Hezbollah commander inside job
- East Libyan forces accused of Benghazi executions
|Syed Kamal Hussain Shah|