Thousands line the streets of Louisville, Kentucky, paying tributes to the former heavyweight champion of the world.
Boxing legend Muhammad Ali made his final journey through his hometown, Louisville on Friday, as thousands of mourners along the route chanted, "Ali! Ali!" for the former heavyweight champion known simply as The Greatest.
At a Muslim funeral for Ali a day earlier, mourners prayed over the body of a man who battled in the ring and sought peace outside it.
Ali, a three-time heavyweight champion known for his showmanship, political activism and devotion to humanitarian causes, died on June 3 of septic shock in an Arizona hospital. He was 74.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- North Korea threatens to sink approaching US carrier
- North Korea: 'US has now gone seriously mad'
- Aya Hijazi meets Donald Trump after release from Egypt
- US defence secretary visits Qatar to 'reinforce' ties
- Russian hacker Roman Seleznev sentenced to 27 years
- South Korea on heightened alert for North's celebration
|Allen L. Jasson|
|William John Cox|