The massive blast, the deadliest in Iraq this year, struck a crowded shopping street in the centre of the Iraqi capital.
More than 200 people have been killed in Iraq's capital, Baghdad, in a suicide bombing attack claimed by the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, also known as ISIS) group.
The bomb early on Sunday struck a crowded shopping area in the Karada district in central Baghdad, as people were gathering on one of the last evenings of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan.
Hundreds were also wounded in the powerful blast, and there were fears the death toll could rise even further as the bodies of some of the victims were still being pulled from the rubble of devastated buildings.
The massive bombing attack in Karada was the deadliest in Iraq so far this year.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Drone strike that killed Reyaad Khan 'not transparent'
- Turkey targets Kurdish fighters in Iraq and Syria
- Ambush kills off-duty Iraqi soldiers in Anbar province
- ISIL attacks police station near Mosul
- Qatari hunters kidnapped in Iraq freed after 16 months
- Army accused of extrajudicial killings in leaked video
|Allen L. Jasson|