Twin ISIL-claimed explosions targeting protest by members of Afghanistan's Hazara minority kill dozens, wound hundreds.
At least 80 people have been killed and hundreds wounded in a double suicide attack at a demonstration in Afghanistan's capital, Kabul, according to officials from the public health ministry..
The Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL, also known as ISIS) group claimed responsibility for the blasts, which targeted members of the country's Hazara minority.
Mohammad Ismail Kawousi, a spokesman for the ministry of public health, said the dead and wounded had been taken to nearby hospitals.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Ivanka faces tough questions over Trump in Berlin
- Pope Francis arrives in Egypt on historic visit
- Marwan Barghouti's health in serious decline: NGO
- Refugee boat sinks between Greece and Turkey, 16 drown
- Turkey targets Kurdish fighters in Iraq and Syria
- China urges restraint in dealing with North Korea
|Allen L. Jasson|