From frozen to flooded, the continent is seeing the extremes of weather.
Much of Europe is currently in the grip of wintry conditions.
In the southwest, things are rather different. Torrential downpours are in place across the Iberian Peninsula.
This triggered flooding in parts of Portugal on Saturday, which then affected southern Spain on Sunday and Monday.
The northeast part of the continent has also seen heavy downpours, but here it is snow rather than rain causing the problems.
Strong winds gusting over 60km/h brought blizzard conditions to the Russian capital, greatly reducing visibility and disrupting traffic.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- North Korea: 'US has now gone seriously mad'
- Afghanistan mourns after deadly Taliban attack on base
- Activists ramp up pressure on Lebanon's rape law
- China, Philippines spar over military visit to island
- Venezuela braces for new protest in wave of unrest
- Government forces advance against rebels north of Hama
|Allen L. Jasson|