Millions in the Indian subcontinent celebrate the Hindu festival with fervour.
Holi, the festival of colours, marks the beginning of spring in India.
One of the biggest Hindu festivals, Holi holds a mythological importance - that of the triumph of good over evil. It is also associated with the eternal love of Lord Krishna and his consort Radha.
The festival of Holi brings together people of all classes and ages, who sing and dance, hand out sweets and splash colours over friends and loved ones.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Truck ploughs into Indian farmers killing at least 14
- Mob attack over blasphemy claim in Pakistan's Chitral
- 'Light' sentence sought for Ahok over alleged blasphemy
- Leading BJP figures to face trial in Babri mosque case
- At least 44 feared dead in road accident in India
- Indian business tycoon Vijay Mallya arrested in London
|Allen L. Jasson|
|William John Cox|