Mr. President, after I heard Edward Snowden’s exposure of your colossal spy program against all peoples of the world, Pink Floyd’s song “Another Brick in the Wall” popped up in my mind. Definitely, the American people don’t need your “thought control” or the “dark sarcasm” of the political class in Washington, D. C. Mr. President, just leaves your folks alone. As a former professor of constitutional law, you must have been for years in the wrong movie.
I can understand the greed of political leaders to symbols. But honestly, what do you want to tell the German people? Please, don’t give us one of your clichéd speeches with which you fob off your compatriots.
You will speak in front of the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin where President Ronald Reagan called on Mr. Gorbachev, to “open this gate” and “tear down this wall”! JFK said: “Ich bin ein Berliner”. Through which symbolic phrase should the German people keep your presidency in mind? As a “drone warrior” President with a personal “hit list” or a Nobel Peace Prize laureate?
There would be a political gesture that would make you historically immortal and it would perfectly suit the genius loci: set Bradley Manning free or pardon him later; stop the persecution of Julian Assange and defend Edward Snowden from political prosecution. If you want to palm the German people off with the usual political hotchpotch, please spare us your political infestation.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Earth Day - Be more environmentally friendly
- Taliban fighters attack Afghan army base, 'killing 140'
- North Korea: 'US has now gone seriously mad'
- Where do candidates stand on immigration, EU, religion?
- Military court convicts Cameroon journalist Ahmed Abba
- Afghanistan mourns after deadly Taliban attack on base
- The National Security State Was One Big Mistake
- Hacked files suggest NSA monitored Middle East banks
- Trump's Attack on Syria Domestically Motivated
- The White Helmets, an al-Qaida Affiliate, wins an OSCAR
- Is Trump going to be hoodwinked by Netanyahu such as Obama?
- CIA, NSA, and the Media against Trump
|Allen L. Jasson|
|William John Cox|