In a post on his Facebook page, Avigdor Lieberman, the former Israeli foreign minister projects his deceitful symptoms upon the Iranian president: "Now, when the world's attention is focused on the new Iranian president's attempts to appear moderate and conciliatory, it is worth noting that the Iranians have long employed a pattern of deceit: various promise tactics, stalling and feeding the international community with false information time and time again, all the while pursuing their goal of obtaining a nuclear weapon, meant to threaten world peace".
Addressing Israel's attack on Iraq's Osirak nuclear reactor in 1981, he said: "We should also bear in mind that in the case of the Iraqi reactor, Israel was the only one who made a warning and in retrospect we were right, as in other cases."
Israel is in a state of panic over the growing popularity of Iran at the UN. But it seems as if Israel is not alone, Haaretz reports today that over the past week conversations have taken place between senior Israeli diplomats and officials from the United Arab Emirates, Jordan and other Sunni Gulf states.
An Israeli official who requested anonymity said there was a common message in these conversations and a shared sense of anxiety.
“All governments in the moderate Sunni states, especially in the Gulf, are very worried about the thaw in relations between the U.S. and Iran,” the senior Israeli official said.
“They’re afraid that the American-Iranian deal will come at their expense. There’s pressure not only in Jerusalem, but in the Gulf as well. They’re really wetting their pants."
It may be possible that the penny has dropped. America and West finally gather that Israel and its Lobby are the biggest threat to world peace.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Earth Day - Be more environmentally friendly
- Taliban fighters attack Afghan army base, 'killing 140'
- North Korea: 'US has now gone seriously mad'
- Where do candidates stand on immigration, EU, religion?
- Military court convicts Cameroon journalist Ahmed Abba
- Afghanistan mourns after deadly Taliban attack on base
- Marwan Barghouti's health in serious decline: NGO
- Deadly Israeli strikes target Syria's Quneitra province
- Israeli settlers attack activists in the West Bank
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad 'disqualified' from Iran elections
- Qatari hunters kidnapped in Iraq freed after 16 months
- Assad still possesses chemical weapons: James Mattis
|Allen L. Jasson|
|William John Cox|