State Department's annual Country Report on Israeli Terrorism
Ynet reports today that A new American report on terrorism strongly criticizes Israel for its lack of response to attacks by extremist settlers against the Palestinian population and their property.
"Attacks by extremist Israeli settlers against Palestinian residents, property, and places of worship in the West Bank continued and were largely unprosecuted according to UN and NGO sources," says the State Department's annual Country Report on Terrorism.
The report states that attacks of this nature number in the hundreds.
"The UN Office of the Coordinator for Humanitarian Affairs reported 399 attacks by extremist Israeli settlers that resulted in Palestinian injuries or property damage. Violent extremists, including Israeli settlers, vandalized five mosques and three churches in Jerusalem and the West Bank, according to data compiled by the UN."
The paper also notes that the phenomenon has spilled over into Israel, where Muslim and Christian sites have been targeted.
"'Price tag' attacks (property crimes and violent acts by extremist Jewish individuals and groups in retaliation for activity they deemed to be anti-settlement) expanded into Israel from the West Bank in 2013,"
The report, also noted a massive drop in rocket attacks from Gaza and Sinai into Israel. "Palestinian terrorist organizations in the Hamas-controlled Gaza continued rocket and mortar attacks into Israeli territory. The number of rocket and mortar launchings on Israel from Gaza and the Sinai was the lowest in 2013 in more than a decade, with 74 launchings compared to 2,557 in 2012."
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Earth Day - Be more environmentally friendly
- Taliban fighters attack Afghan army base, 'killing 140'
- North Korea: 'US has now gone seriously mad'
- Military court convicts Cameroon journalist Ahmed Abba
- Where do candidates stand on immigration, EU, religion?
- Afghanistan mourns after deadly Taliban attack on base
- Marwan Barghouti's health in serious decline: NGO
- Deadly Israeli strikes target Syria's Quneitra province
- Israeli settlers attack activists in the West Bank
- Assad still possesses chemical weapons: James Mattis
- Israel 'lobbying FIFA' to prevent settlement teams' ban
- Israel punishes hunger-striking Palestinian prisoners
|Allen L. Jasson|
|William John Cox|