Even though I won’t be voting for them
Critics of the Obama Administration are asking him to (in no particular order):
- Stop the torture and rape rooms.
- Close Guantanamo Prison.
- Give us real single payer health care.
- Get rid of the thieves and con men who are guiding our economic policy.Properly fund AIDS research.
- End the Don’t Ask-Don’t Tell policy in the military.
- Give us an energy policy with some teeth in it.
- Give us an economic policy with some teeth in it.
- Prosecute key members of the Bush Administration for high crimes and misdemeanors.
- Instigate investigations as to the causes and cover-up by BP of their murder of a whole ecosystem and regional economy and punish the corporate officers responsible with personal fines and jail sentences for offenses, if found guilty.
- Instigate investigations as to the causes and cover-up by Massey energy in the coal mine disaster and subject their corporate officers to criminal sanctions and jail sentences for offenses, if found guilty.
- Begin criminal prosecutions against the legion of other serial violators of consumer and employee health and safety regulations like salmonella king, Hillandale Farms’ CEO, Farms Orland Bethel.
- Grant a full pardon for Private Bradley Manning and award him the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- End our policy of supporting Israel right or wrong.
- Threaten sanctions against Israel for their continued illegal settlement construction.
- Recognize Hamas as the duly elected representative of Palestine.
- Complete our total withdrawal from Iraq and stop playing the shell game of substituting mercenaries for combat troops in that ravaged country.
- Begin paying reparations to Iraq for our criminal war that has devastated the country and displaced over a million Iraqis.
- Withdraw all troops from Afghanistan.
- End drone attacks in Pakistan.
- End sanctions against Iran and issue a formal apologize for our history of meddling and mistreatment of that country.
- Withdraw all covet operatives from Iran.
- Stop threatening a nuclear holocaust against Iran.
- Fully restore Habeas Corpus and stop trying to illegally kill your fellow American citizens.
So many high crimes and indecent decisions—the list goes on and on….
All these cries have for the most part fallen on deaf ears both in the White House and in the democratically controlled Congress. When Obama does respond, this is what he says:
- "I hear your points. I know we may not be moving forward with the speed some people expect. But let me assure you we are moving forward. As I said before, if you want to have a conversation later about how we can address your concerns, it’s a conversation I’m happy to have. But what I want to do is talk about what’s coming up. I want us to talk about what’s at stake in this election, because the people that potentially will take over, if we don’t focus on this election, I promise you, they will ignore your concerns even more than we have, and they’ll cut every priority that you care about."
- This is pretty close to a verbatim quote compiled from a number of recent speeches. The only departure is the line “they will ignore your concerns even more than we have.” I’m sure such uncharacteristic honesty on Obama’s part would be greeted with great shock.
So where do we go from here?
First of all, we are not moving forward. This is a lie told by a chronic liar. We are still on Bush’s course more now than ever. The classically evil military/industrial complex is still very much in control and the Devil take the hindmost. We have taken no steps to end American fascism—which is simply defined as government and the corporations in the same bed. Even Obama’s programs that have been touted as steps forward in the area of fiscal reform, health care and the environment have been frauds that will be ultimately proven to be beneficial only to the M/I complex.
And second of all, hearing that tired old fear card is once again played, urging the faithful to remain with the thieves, villains and liars we have rather than fly to thieves, villains and liars who are the greater of two evils, is something I will no longer abide. Even hearing this broken record dusted off and played again drives me nearly insane. I devoutly wish now I had voted for crazy John and silly Sarah in the last election—if for no other reason than to reject this line of “lesser of two evils” BS we have been handed by the Democrats for over half a century now. (More on this later)
If that doesn’t make you want to tar and feather the man and run him out of Washington on a rail (along with every other Democrat) I don’t know what will.
I have exhausted my patience with all of them.
I think it is finally time to tear it all down. This need not be a cry to storm the Bastille with flame and pitchforks. We already have a means that can accomplish the destruction of American “democracy” without a shot being fired. I say, let’s turn the country over to the Tea Party and the Republicans. In their stupid, greedy and above all, incompetent hands we will have a complete collapse of the country and the economy within four years. Hell, we might just have an economic collapse anyway—regardless of who’s in charge. The Great American Dream, the way it has been promised, and rarely if ever practiced, is over. As George Carlin said, “It’s called The American Dream because you have to be asleep to believe in it.” I say we call it off and pull the shroud over the corpse. I know that the warmongering Repugs will initially do little to abate the existing bilateral foreign policy carnage rampant in the world. Hopefully a total fiscal collapse of this country will soon enough cause the tanks in Iraq, the APCs in Afghanistan and the drones in Pakistan to run out of gas.
One of the greatest terrorist states in world history will collapse from within. Thank the gods! This is not without a total, mortal danger to every man, woman and child in America. Thousands, perhaps millions will die—I included. Yet, considering the impact of this irredeemable culture and our deadly society is having on the lives and future of the people of the world and the very survival of life on the planet, it becomes essential to advocate the total destruction of this country as we know it. When the situation comes down to the distasteful choice between my life and the survival of the world, I would gladly give up my life. Knowing all the ramifications, only someone morally anesthetized would argue any other course. Of course, to the vast majority of consumers of the blue pill in this country, this argument is madness.
Here is the plan, initial critical details of which can be found, analyzed in an Op-Ed by George Lakoff:
Why the Democrats' Response to the Pledge Has Been Inadequate
Monday 27 September 2010
By: George Lakoff, t r u t h o u t | Op-Ed
The Democratic response to the Republican Pledge to America has been factual about its economics. The September 26, 2010, Sunday New York Times' editorial goes through the economic details, and Democrats have been citing the economic facts from the Congressional Budget Office. As Dan Pfeiffer reports on the White House blog, the Republicans are proposing:
- Tax cuts for millionaires and billionaires by borrowing $700 billion we can't afford;
- Tax hikes for 110 million middle-class families and millions of small businesses;
- Cutting rules and oversight for special interests like big oil, big insurance, credit card and mortgage companies and Wall Street banks;
- Doing nothing to stop the outsourcing of American jobs or to end tax breaks that are given to companies that ship jobs overseas;
- All while adding trillions to our nation's deficit.
Their plan is also notable for what it doesn't talk about: protecting Social Security and Medicare from privatization schemes, investing in high-quality education for our nation's children, growing key industries like clean energy and manufacturing and rebuilding our crumbling roads, rails and runways.
Poor George Lakoff! He remains ever the loyal Democrat strategist, still doing sums on the deck of the Titanic. In the rest of the article he pretty carefully articulates why the Republicans will win in November and continue winning. Hint: it has nothing to do with them being right or the rigor of their fiscal analysis. As outlined in this Op-Ed, we find, in The Pledge, one of the most effective programs and strategies for revolution ever devised to bring down the United States. And I am supporting it. Let me tell you why, how this can be accomplished and how you can participate.
A little history is in order here. During the infamous Barry Goldwater Presidential campaign, a splinter group of left-wing radicals once seriously suggested that revolutionaries should join the Republican Party and support his program because, if adopted, it would be the surest, fastest way to bring the country to its knees and facilitate step one in an anarchist plot to overthrow the Capitalist system.
I think this is a perfect occasion to revive this obscure footnote on radical politics. The time is ripe for it to work. First of all, this country is weaker and more vulnerable than it ever has been in the past. I believe we are circling the drain and in all likelihood, America will rapidly collapse into a third world country. Oh yes, we will still have our cars—pulled by oxen.
The most striking feature of the current scene is the absence of a coherent vision of our multiple related predicaments and how they add up to a valid picture of reality. To be precise, I mean our predicaments of 1.) Energy resources, 2.) Vanishing capital and 3.) Ecocide. This inability to decode the clear and present dangers to civilized life is a failure of leadership and authority without precedent in the American story. James Howard Kunstler
Many things are contributing to and accelerating this collapse. We have a rapid and increasing migration from the middle class to the lower economic classes. Several of the platforms of the Pledge have been beautifully designed to dramatically facilitate this migration.
The top 10 percent, roughly those earning more than $100,000, also reached a level of income share not seen since before the Depression…the top group received 440 times as much as the average person in the bottom half earned, nearly doubling the gap from 1980. www.nytimes.com/2007/03/29/business/29tax.html -
(Note: The only trickle down your going to get from this small top group will be in the form of blood draining from the slashed throats of members of the new rich class. As soon as things get so dangerous that it will not be safe to drive a Mercedes on the mean streets of America, these high end rats will dessert the ship for safer compounds in sunnier climes.)
Unemployment across the board is on the rise and will continue as the electorate goes to the polls in a month. This bodes well for the defeat of all Democrat candidates, incumbents and contenders alike. The Republicans regaining the Congress this November (an important first step in the anarchist revolution) has already been acknowledged by many Democrat strategists. I have always laughed at the concept of averaging unemployment figures without taking into account the worst, deepest unemployment percentages among certain groups, say the residents of Detroit or young black men. It is a little like telling the victim of a sulfuric acid attack that the average damage is around twenty percent because most of her body received minor injury but she has lost the use of her eyes and hands.
Thirdly, our wars, which no one seems even slightly interested in curtailing, will continue to progress and increase faster than the presses at the US mint can turn out fiat money. This will continue to gravitate the US faster and faster into the black hole of total collapse. Survivalists will be better advised to trade their shotguns for chopsticks. I hear “Obama’s Wars,” Woodward’s profile of President Obama (in which he details this despised President standing up to top Pentagon brass) has already been moved to the fiction section of the booksellers’ shelves—next to Tony Blair’s “A Journey—My Political Lie.”
Now is the time Democrats are putting aside the harsh truth of the Party’s record of total failure and their divorce from reality and nearly every principle of small “d” democracy that once made them the hope of working class, poor, disadvantaged and minority people all over the world. Up and down the land, the cry goes forth,
“Fear the Tea Baggers, fear the Republicans, fear the Iranians, and (even) fear the Progressives. If you are unhappy with Obama, give him time. He will work it out—but for God’s sake vote Democrat in November.”
I don’t think that all the grass roots Democrat organizers are cynical manipulators like Obama, Emanuel and Gibbs, who privately (and sometimes publically) laugh at the rank and file for the fools they are. Most are truly good-hearted people who really think they can save this country. I don’t think (Bluepill metaphors notwithstanding) they are capable of seeing that Obama is just a more palatable and polished form of George W. Bush—and he is, as a result, far, far more dangerous.
So then let me tell you my plan to overthrow the government, get the blood flowing in the streets, fight American terrorism and finally flush this defrauded American Wet Dream down the toilet.
I plan on doing nothing at all. I will not lift a finger to support our latest failed President or any Democrat candidate. For the first time in my life, I will not be voting. I will never vote again. Letting the Republicans have their Plan for America succeed will do the rest. I hope you all will do the same. It couldn’t happen to a greater country!
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Earth Day - Be more environmentally friendly
- North Korea: 'US has now gone seriously mad'
- Taliban fighters attack Afghan army base, 'killing 140'
- Where do candidates stand on immigration, EU, religion?
- Military court convicts Cameroon journalist Ahmed Abba
- Afghanistan mourns after deadly Taliban attack on base
|Allen L. Jasson|