Israeli Defense minister Ehud Barak is expected to back amendment to Citizenship Act.
Here is the amended version:
"I hereby declare my loyalty to the State of Israel as a Jewish and democratic state in the spirit of the Declaration of Independence and I pledge to honor state laws."
Barak said today that "such a declaration will not harm the Arab minority, and declarations of a similar nature are customary in civilized countries around the world"
He is right, such a contradictory declaration cannot harm anyone, for it is logically flawed.
The Israeli cabinet better decide whether they want their state to be Jewish or democratic, for the two, clearly contradict each other.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Ivanka faces tough questions over Trump in Berlin
- Pope Francis arrives in Egypt on historic visit
- Marwan Barghouti's health in serious decline: NGO
- Refugee boat sinks between Greece and Turkey, 16 drown
- Turkey targets Kurdish fighters in Iraq and Syria
- China urges restraint in dealing with North Korea
|Allen L. Jasson|