A school teacher brutally killed by School master.
A 19-years old school teacher named Maria died on Wednesday as she was set on fire because she and her parents rejected a marriage proposal to school master in Murree.
Five men torched a young woman when her parents refused to give her hand in marriage. After battling death for a couple of hours, she finally succumbed to her injuries and died in Pakistan Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS) hospital on Wednesday.
Her family members were reported to have said that she died because of negligence on behalf of the medical staff of PIMS as well.
They said that since this involved a Police case, the doctors were slow and reluctant to provide timely medical treatment which also became the cause of Maria’s death.
Her father who is a resident of Dewal Sharif said that she was alone at home when five men including Master Shaukat entered the house and started beating the girl and attempt rape.
She was naked and her body badly burnt when her father entered in the home. He covered her body first and shifted her to CMH Murree after first aid she was referred to PIMS Burn center Islamabad.
“They set her on fire and threw her in the trench as 85% of her body was burnt,” he added. He had lodged a report against five men including Mohammad Shaukat and Arshad in Murree Police station.
Earlier in May, a 16-year-old girl was strangled and set on fire in Galyat's Makol village after orders given by a local jirga.
Abbottabad police had said a 15-member jirga called by the Makol village councillor Pervez ordered for the deceased, Ambreen, to be killed and set on fire as punishment for helping her friend escape the village to marry of her free will.
The girl was taken from her home to an abandoned house where she was drugged, killed, and placed in the backseat of a parked van. The van was then doused with petrol and set on fire.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Ivanka faces tough questions over Trump in Berlin
- Pope Francis arrives in Egypt on historic visit
- Marwan Barghouti's health in serious decline: NGO
- Refugee boat sinks between Greece and Turkey, 16 drown
- Turkey targets Kurdish fighters in Iraq and Syria
- China urges restraint in dealing with North Korea
- Roadside bomb kills bus passengers in Kurram district
- Kashmir students, India police clash in Srinagar
- The Unity of Pakistani State and Islamism
- Mob attack over blasphemy claim in Pakistan's Chitral
- Kashmir: Teen shot dead; 54 students wounded in clashes
- Heatwave builds across northern India and Pakistan
|Allen L. Jasson|