Interior ministry investigation under way to determine cause of fire that also left 12 people injured.
Eleven people have died in a fire at a labour accommodation in Qatar, the country's interior ministry said.
The ministry said the fire on Wednesday night, only reported a day later, also left 12 people injured.
The accommodation facility belonged to a company working on the Salwa Tourism Project, the ministry said on Twitter, adding that an investigation was ongoing to determine the cause of the fire.
The nationalities of the dead were not released. Hundreds of thousands of migrant workers, many of them South Asian, work in the Gulf Arab state.
An online news report said charred bodies were brought to a hospital morgue after the fire in Abu Samra in the south of the country.
|< Prev||Next >|
Most Read News
- Ivanka faces tough questions over Trump in Berlin
- Marwan Barghouti's health in serious decline: NGO
- Pope Francis arrives in Egypt on historic visit
- Refugee boat sinks between Greece and Turkey, 16 drown
- Turkey targets Kurdish fighters in Iraq and Syria
- China urges restraint in dealing with North Korea
|Allen L. Jasson|